After Story

You wake up, expecting to see a mess of green hair beside you, but instead you see a pair of emeralds staring back at you.

"Good morning, Y/N," N says gently. He leans forward to kiss your forehead. "Would you like some tea? Coffee?"

"No, I'm alright," you tell him.

A warm smile crosses his face as he wraps an arm around you.

A few years had passed since you met N for the first time, and now you have an apartment in Castelia City. It's nice living with him, since he always listens to what you have to say and he's also a pretty good cook. And whenever you fall asleep, he'd never ask for more than to cuddle you and he respects your boundaries. (I mean if you wanna imagine that you did the do that's fine)

For a while the two of you just lay there, comforted by each other's warmth.

There's scratching at the door.

N sighs. "Well, Zoroark's awake." He sits up, peeling the white blankets off him as he does so. He stands up and reaches for his shirt, neatly folded on the bedside table.

Morning sunlight peeks through the curtains, shining right in your eyes, so you decide to get up after him.

The kitchen isn't very big, wrapping around an island where two stools are seated. It connects to a small living room with a couch, a couple coffee tables and a flat screen TV. There's also a window replacing a wall on one side, allowing you to look out at the city around you.

Beside the couch is a folded up blanket, where Zoroark usually sleeps.

Chandelure is hanging from the ceiling like a chandelier, still dozing off.

In the kitchen, N prepares a meal for Zoroark, who is hovering around him excitedly.

"Calm down," he says as the Pokémon nudges him. "It's almost ready now."

Zoroark huffs and walks over to you.

You scratch him behind the ears and sit down at the island.

"Did you sleep well?" N asks you.

"Yeah, pretty good," you reply, resting your head on the counter.

He sets a hot drink beside you and a bowl of chopped up Leppa Berries in front of Zoroark.

"So, what should we do today? Are you still thinking about challenging the Gyms?"

You aren't sure. It might be fun to travel across the region again, making your way to the Elite Four. But at the same time, the idea of holding the role as Champion and waiting for another trainer to show up and beat you doesn't sound like a good time.

There's a knock at the door, and you get up to see who it is.

"I'll get it," N tells you. "You should probably get dressed."

"Oh yeah..."

You slip into the bedroom while N answers the door. You quickly throw on (whatever you want to wear [within reason]) and notice a glimmer of something shiny in your closet. Out of pure curiosity, you reach for it and find the small Team Plasma emblem, still pinned to the clothes you wore for most of your journey in Unova.

You wonder if you should still keep it.

"Y/N?" N knocks on the door. "Can I come in?"

"Sure, who was at the door?" you ask as he comes into the room.