Part 6: Bright lights and city sights

"Who are you?" N repeats. "You claim to be part of Team Plasma, but you got in the way of a mission."

"The Lillipup, it-"

N lets go so you can talk.

"It wanted help," you tell him. "That Pokémon was happy with its trainer. It doesn't need to be liberated because it's not in any danger."

He looks at you blankly.

a. "What?"

b. Stare back

He covers his mouth and laughs softly. "You're an interesting one, Y/N."

"Wh-what do you mean?"

"I didn't think there was still anyone who thought that way. I feel the same." He turns his attention over to the ocean. "Look here, Y/N."

You stand beside him, resting your arms on the railing of the bridge.

"In this sea alone, there are hundreds, no, thousands of different Pokémon. Maybe even some we haven't discovered... And beyond that, in other regions..! So many potential friends!" He looks at you. "I want to help Pokémon, I truly do. That's what Team Plasma should be doing. If only I could-" He raises his head, as if sensing someone else. "Uh, nevermind. I'll tell you later."

"Why don't we head into the city? I'm sure your Litwick could use a visit to the Pokémon Center." He starts down the bridge, suddenly in a hurry.

"Hey! N, wait for me!" You run after him, Litwick chirping in dismay.

"Oh, sorry about that. Here, I'll walk slower."

You don't realize until about halfway across the bridge N matches your pace.

Litwick jumps back and forth from your shoulder and N's.

He gives her a pat before she jumps back to you. "Have you decided to give her a nickname?"

"I'm not sure," you reply. "I suppose if she wants one."

"I like Litwick!" she chips. "Stay Litwick!"

"Well I guess that settles that," N says, looking at the sky.

A flock of Pidove go by.

The cityscape of Castelia City rises up on the horizon.

a. "Where are you going after this?"

b. "What should I do?"

c. Stay silent.

a.  "Where are you going after this?" you ask.

"I have business to attend to elsewhere. Unfortunately, I can't get into detail right now."

b. "What should I do now?"

"For now, you may continue roaming the region as you please. But if it's a mission from Team Plasma you seek, there's a café in the city where you can find a few members who will give you something to do."

c. You don't feel the need to say much, but N says something for you.

"There it is, Castelia City. A place where people and Pokémon live together peacefully. But I wonder how much peace there really is..."

You and N head through the gate leading into the city.

There's a lot of people, as well as colourful lights advertising stores and restaurants.

"Well Y/N," he says. "It appears our time together is coming to a close. Try not to get into any more trouble, alright?"

You nod slowly.

N looks around, then leans in closer. "Make your way to Nimbasa City. I'll meet you there." Before you can ask any questions, he waves and runs off into the flood of people.

"Y/N!" calls a familiar voice from behind you.

It's Burgh! He comes up to you. "Hiya. I thought that was you on Skyarrow Bridge. Who was that green-haired guy you were with?"

"Just... a friend," you reply.

Litwick chirps at Burgh.

"Hmm... could it be... a boyfriend???"

You're probably as red as a Tamato Berry. "No! It's nothing like that!"

"Whoa, calm down kid. I'm just kidding!" He laughs a bit and proceeds to show you around the city.

"Have you had a Casteliacone?" he asks you. "They're a local delicacy!"

You shake your head. 

What would one even taste like? When you played the games, only Pokémon could eat them, so you never got to know.

Also...you haven't had pretty much anything to eat since you got trapped in this game-world.

"Well then you absolutely have to! Come now, it's my treat!" Burgh proceeds to drag you by the hand through the busy streets.

You arrive at a small ice cream stand with a fairly long lineup.

However, whoever runs the stand recognizes Burgh and lets him skip to the front.

"And that is the power of a Gym Leader!" he says, handing you a cone. He watches your reaction intently.

Ok but no joke, the Casteliacone is DELICIOUS. It's like a normal vanilla soft-serve, but it doesn't leave that weird aftertaste.

"It's really good," you say. "Does it come from Vanillite?"

"Hm, I'm not actually sure."

Litwick chirps on your shoulder, so you let her have a bit of ice cream too. "I think it's Vanillite," she tells you.

Hearing that, you're a little concerned to keep eating.

"Your Litwick is very chatty," Burgh points out. "I wonder what it's saying."

You probably shouldn't tell him you can understand her.

"Oh wow, look at the time!" He glances at a nearby clock. "I've gotta head back to the Gym. See you around, Y/N!"

You wave as he melts back into the crowd.

A/N: Hey everyone! I hope you all like the story! (I should think of something different to say) I was going to have you and N get ice cream, but I was like, "No you can't go on a date yet until the special scene!!" What special scene, you may ask! Fufufufu I'm not telling..!