10

eddie and bill chatted in the dorm. "haha, your robe looks nuh-nice, eddie." said bill as the two put on their outfits for the yule ball. eddie wore a red tuxedo and black pants. bill wore a black tux rimmed with golden thread. beverly walked into the room. she was also in her dress. it was a silky blue dress with golden roots at the top. beverly eyes widened as she saw the boy's outfits. "wow..you guys look perfect." she remarked. bill gushed. "i-thank you, buh-beverly." bill said. eddie smiled. beverly pulled out her nail polish bag. "now..can i do your nails?" she asked the boys. bill frantically shook his head - no. eddie shrugged. "oh, come on eddie! richie will like it." she said giving her friend a devilish smirk. eddie's eyes rose up to beverly's face in mention of richie's name. "do you really think he will?" eddie asked. beverly nodded.

"okay, fine." eddie giggled. beverly pulled out her black nail polish and applied it neatly onto eddie's clear nails. she blew on them to make them dry faster. "perfect!" she exclaimed. eddie looked down at his nails in awe. "thanks, bev." he said. beverly saluted. "always a pleasure." she said before leaving the room.

bill then focused his attention on eddie. "s-so eddie, who are you going to the buh-ball with?" he asked. eddie gave bill a look of shock. "we have to bring a date?" he asked, taken aback. bill nodded. "yuh-y-you have to sluh-slow dance and every-th-thing." he stuttered. eddie's heart sank. he wanted to go with richie, but richie hates him now, didn't he?

"oh, no i'm not going with anyone." said eddie. maybe i'll sneak a dance with richie, and confess my feelings. thought eddie. bill nodded. "i'm guh-going with this gu-girl audra." he said. eddie frowned. "i thought you liked bev?" bill shrugged. "tuh-turns out someone else liked her more." he stuttered.

eddie made his way down the steps leading to the great hall. there were girls and boys chatting outside the entrance. a girl waved up at bill. it must be audra. bill turned to eddie. "huh-hey eds, i'm gonna go over to audra and her friends." he said gesturing to them. eddie hated being alone, but at least he'd get to talk to richie without bill standing there awkwardly. "yeah, that's fine," eddie told bill. "go have fun before old clowno gets here!" bill giggled and made his way down the steps. eddie sighed and continued walking down the steps. he stopped outside the doors. he could hear music blaring from the hall. you can do this, eddie. ask richie to dance, do something. eddie reassured himself. eddie entered the great hall. it was beautiful. there were crystals hung from the roof and massive christmas trees that reached the ceiling. eddie gazed at the people dancing to the music. he scanned the room for richie. he pushed through the crowd as the song changed to a slow song. if i find richie we can dance to a slow song. eddie thought.

then his heart broke. he spotted richie..with a girl. his hands wrapped around her waist and hers around his neck. he looked into her eyes and she looked into his. eddie froze then came the tears. the music drowned out and all he could hear was the sound of the crowd. eddie fled from the hall, tears falling from his cheeks. he ran up the stairs. bill furrowed his eyebrows as he saw his friend. "eddie!" he called. but eddie did not answer. eddie ran up to the bathroom. he fled over to the sink and looked at himself in the mirror. as he saw how broken his expression was he sobbed even more. "why do you have to fucking be like this!" he screamed at his reflection. his reflection blinked. eddie stepped back in confusion. he hadn't blinked, had he? he frowned at his reflection and his reflection gave a devilish smile. it then pulled itself out of the mirror standing in front of eddie. eddie tried to scream, but he couldn't. the thing then morphed into the clown and towered over the cowering eddie. eddie screamed. it laughed demonically. "come join us, eddie!" it shrieked. then bill, beverly, stanley, mike, ben and richie rushed into the bathroom. "hey!" richie yelled at the clown. "leave him alone!" pennywise smiled evilly at richie. "don't worry gayboy! it'll all be over soon!" pennywise giggled. it bared it's teeth at eddie and grabbed him into a headlock. the others froze. "you let me have him, and i'll leave you all alone." it bargained. eddie cried. "go!" he insisted. richie shook his head. "i'm going to kill this fucking clown, eds!" said richie pulling out his wand.

the clown dropped eddie from its grip, pulling at eddie's arm and rushed at richie. "Crucio!" richie's wand sent a green light causing the clown to fall back in pain. it sat back up and raced at the kids. "Deprimo!" beverly said now pulling out her wand witch called pennywise to wince in pain.
as pennywise regathered himself richie went over and grabbed eddie's arm, dragging him out of the bathroom. "to the forest!" ben yelled. pennywise sprinted after them until they exited out of the back door. it was gaining on them. the emitted into the forest. "go, go,go!" they ushered each other. it snarled at them as it chased after them. they were deep in the forest now.
"WHAT WAS THAT SPELL THAT KILLS IT AGAIN?" beverly asked ben. ben's eyes flashed between beverly and the clown. "i don't remember!" he admitted. stanley pointed his wand towards pennywise. "Avis!" a flock of birds flew at pennywise. ben pulled out his wand. "i think it was Aguamenti." he said. water shot through his wand. "not that one!" he exclaimed. pennywise regained himself and crept towards the losers. ben ran his fingers through his hair.

richie was in panic mode. he couldn't lose eddie, not again. he thought back to the library. "it was- it was RIDDIKULUS!" a bolt of light shot through richie's wand causing pennywise to shift between morphs. it made a deafening screeching noise as it switched, causing the kids to cover their ears. then, it exploded, causing black bits to fly everywhere.

                                    ꨄ

eddie blinked his eyes open. he was in the empty hospital wing. mcgonnagol sat in a chair beside him. eddie sat up, startled. "hello, mr. kaspbrak." she said calmly. "i would like to thank you on your act of braveness." eddie smiled weakly. "thank you, ma'am." he said politely. "not everyone's able to kill a famous killer shapeshifter in their first year of hogwarts." she added. eddie giggled. "anyways, you have a visitor so i'll leave you with that." she said before leaving the wing.

richie tozier then entered greeting mcgonnagol as she left. he then focused his eyes on eddie and ran up to him. without warning, he wrapped his arms around the small boy. "it broke your arm, and i thought i lost you! i couldn't lose you again, not after we drifted apart!" richie gushed. eddie returned the hug and calmed down richie. he looked down at his arm that had a cast on it. eddie then started to cry in richie's grasp. richie looked up at eddie. "hey! don't cry!" he comforted the boy. "what's wrong? we did it, you don't have to be afraid anymore."

eddie shook his head. "do you like her?" he asked richie, through his tears. richie furrowed his eyebrows. "who?" he asked. eddie wiped his eyes. "the girl you were dancing with." was all he managed to spit out before busting out into more tears. eddie frowned. "eddie!" he exclaimed. "the only person i love is you!" he blurted out. eddie glanced up at richie through his blurry eyes. a smiled formed on his face. "you love me?" he whispered. richie nodded.
eddie wiped his eyes and kissed richie. this time was better than the first time, because they both loved each other.

and they always would.

hi! omg so that's the last chapter. there's an epilogue too, which i apologise in advance for 😭😭

anyways, thanks for all the reads and votes they honestly mean the world to me. i love you all so much and honestly appreciate you with all my heart 💓
thank you for making it this far and putting up with my shitty writing
- belle