8

eddie flopped down onto his bed. bill furrowed his eyebrows. "what's w-wrong, eddie?" asked bill. eddie's eyes were filled with tears. bill's mouth fell slightly agape. "aww,ed-duh-ie," he stuttered sitting on eddie's bed. "w-what's wrong."

eddie sniffled. "i messes up, bill." he stated, wiping his eyes. "what do you muh-mean?" bill asked the whimpering boy. eddie shook his head. "i lied, because i was scared." he sobbed. bill didn't really know what eddie was on about but decided to comfort his friend nonetheless.
eddie's lip quivered. bill pulled eddie into a hug. "it's okay, eddie," he reassured. "you can fix it, i believe in you."

eddie sat up and gathered himself together. "bill, i have to tell you something." he said. bill looked at him in confusion. "wuh-what." asked bill. eddie grasped his inhaler and took a puff.
he then told bill all about pennywise and the incident with him in the bathroom. "oh my guh-god!" bill exclaimed. "we need to kill it." eddie replied. "but we can't duh-do it alone." bill implied. eddie nodded. "i have an idea of people who could help." eddie stated.

when richie tozier got back to his dorm he ran into the bathroom. then came the tears. he couldn't cry in the dorms, or bowers would see.
anger and frustration seeped into him. he didn't want to be selfish. he wanted to be supportive of eddie and his decision. but what if eddie's straight? what if that kiss was just a one time thing? those thoughts caused more tears. there was a knock on the bathroom door. "richie?" came the voice of mike hanlon. richie opened the door. mike looked at richie in confusion. "what's wrong, bud?" he asked. richie wipes his eye and put his glasses back on. "nothing, just got rejected, i guess." he chuckled to hide his sensitivity. a look of sorrow and pitifulness appeared on mike's face. "aww, no richie." he said as he hugged the boy. "yeah, i really liked hi- her too." said richie. richie knee mike was accepting but he didn't want to tell him it was a boy. "she said she needs to figure some stuff out first." richie finished. mike smiled weakly. "maybe give her some space for a while, i'm sure she'll come crawling right back to you." mike reassured. richie smiled. "thanks, mike." he said. mike patted him on the shoulder. "no problem, bud."

the next few days were awkward, to say the least. eddie mainly focussed on his studies and finding out information about pennywise. richie was not in good form. mike had cheered him up a bit, but he still longed for the person he wanted so badly, but could not have. how could i be upset over something i never had in the first place? he thought to himself.

eddie ran his fingers through his perfectly combed hair, messing it up completely. beverly walked into the common room. "what's wrong?" she asked. eddie sighed. "i just- i need to tell someone..something but i don't know how to say it to their face." he admitted. beverly pondered. "write them a note..or a letter?" she implied. eddie liked that idea. writing a letter would allow him to express his feelings without having to say it outloud.
so that's exactly what he did.

                                         ☆
eddie dipped his feather in the ink and took out his parchment paper. eddie was unsatisfied with his letter. he decided to just keep it in a box under his bed and tell richie how he felt by himself. it's not that he didn't like the idea of the letter, he did. but he felt like he was being to sappy and pouring his heart out. "maybe one day if richie and i work out, we'll read the letter as a joke." eddie chuckled to himself.

maybe one day.