Chapter 14

I was over the moon. We spent the rest of our vacation celebrating and fucking the day away until it was time to go home. Back to the grind of paperwork and jobs. Maybe we'll be able to finally catch a break with Corrine or Raging Bull. Something has got to fucking give so we can all just move on with our lives. I have a wedding to plan and I refuse to have to deal with this shit while I plan it.

We got back to the compound and it was like usual. The Guild was back at the Guild House and the bikers were all just lounging around. Some played pool, some drank, and some just watched TV. Only Set really noticed that we had come in. It's not like we made our arrival something grand. "Glad to see you both made it back in one piece," he said in greeting. "How were things while we were gone," Hades asked him. He shrugged, "Nothing much to comment on. Raging Bull has been oddly quiet, but that's about it." 

Hades nodded before taking our bags up the stairs. I went to the kitchen to look for a snack. I smiled victoriously when I found a bag of tortilla chips and a thing of cheese dip. Set came in as I was warming up the dip. He then noticed the ring on my hand. "The bastard fucking purposed," he asked eyebrows raised. "Yep," I said happily. "Please tell me he didn't do it in some stupid ass spur of the moment thing," He said with a chuckle. "He was very romantic. He cleaned up nicely, even got on one knee," I told him. I got me a man who could do black tie and a man who could go rugged. The best of both worlds. 

Hades came in as the microwave beeped, letting me know the cheese was ready. I took it out and put the bowl on a plate. "Congrats man," Set told Hades. Hades gave him a lopsided smirk, "Thanks." I grabbed the chips, "So what's next on our agenda?" "Raging Bull is having major guns shipped to them," Set told us. "Ice and Croft are ensuring the police catch them with it. We're trying to get as many of those bastards out of our hair as possible." I nodded and opened the bag of chips. Hades took one and dipped it into the cheese, "One less problem to deal with sounds great to me." "Unless those that aren't arrested come after us all pissed off," I pointed out before taking a bite out of a cheese covered chip. "Then they deserve our wraith for not heading your warning," Set threw in, grabbing a chip of his own. 

We continued to talk about what could possibly happen next regarding the Raging Bull and I couldn't help but find it comical. We were standing in the kitchen eating chips with cheese dip while discussing possibly having to kill people. This was my life in a nutshell, and it was perfect. 

After we finished our snack we left the kitchen and went our separate ways. I went to the Guild House to touch base with them. By now all of the ones who had been sleeping members should be settled in, and I needed to properly meet them. 

Fallyn greeted me when I went in. "How was your trip," he asked me. "It was amazing and much needed. How have things been while I was gone," I asked him. "A little tense. The old members are deeming you irresponsible for having left and not greeting them properly," he answered as Zenith came in. "Thank fuck you're back. These damn geezers are getting on my damn nerves with this, back in my day bullshit," Zenith told me. "They're not geezers," I told him while rolling my eyes. The sleeping members were in their mid forties at the oldest. That didn't make them geezers.

"Could have fooled me," Zenith grumbled. I rolled my eyes, and began to make my way to the office. A man who had an eyepatch covering one eye was coming down the stairs when he spotted me. "Since when did we start letting escorts into the guild," he asked. I gave him a cold smile, "I'm your new Head Mistress, Persephone, formerly known as Crimson." "Assassins are supposed to look stealthy and blend in, not walk around looking like a beacon that says, look at me," he said, looking me up and down. "Then it's a good thing we're not assassins anymore isn't it," I asked him. "As Ice had informed you, we are changing for the better. If you have a problem with it, the door is right there." He nodded, "I'm well aware of the changes. Tell me, do these changes include you disappearing often?" "What I do and where I go during my free time, is my business, and my business alone," I told him. "And it is in your best interest to stay out of them."

"Then explain to me why we have men in cuts coming and going every now and then," He asked me. "We have an alliance with Inferno," I told him. "They have territory covering practically half the country. They have great sway with the police and other authority figures here. It would be foolish to not make an alliance with them." "And what are they expecting of us," He asked, crossing his arms. "Just our help whenever it's needed," I answered. I then stepped up to him, "I understand you're feeling lost and confused, because nothing is how it was once before, but I'm telling you this only once. Do not question me. I have so many who work for me, I could easily dispose of you and it wouldn't change a thing. I'll even do it while looking like a fucking highlighter just so that you at least see one bright thing when your pathetic life flashes before your eyes as you take your final breaths. And trust me, those breaths will be painful."

I then went to my office where a stack of paperwork was waiting for me. As I worked through my papers the members who had been retired came in one by one so we could properly meet. After that Croft and Ice came in. "How did it go," I asked them. "We got over half of their MC arrested, with enough planted on them that many will be spending life in prison. Including their President," Croft said as he sat in the chair in front of my desk.

I nodded, "Great, now we just have the problem of Corrine to deal with. Any luck tracking her down?" Ice shook his head, "We managed to find some members of the guild she used to be a part of, but no one has seen her for years. She kind of went insane after you killed her boyfriend." I rolled my eyes, "It's not like he loved her or anything. He even admitted he was just using her for her money. I did her a favor taking out that waste of space."

"She doesn't see it that way," Croft pointed out. I rolled my eyes, "Of course she doesn't." "We won't rest until we find her," Ice promised. Croft then smirked, "So how did your getaway go?" "It was wonderful," I answered with a soft smile. "Any ideas on what you want your wedding to be like," Ice asked me. I shook my head, "I don't know the first thing about planning a wedding." I never thought I would ever have to plan one. I had been an assassin, avoiding love at all costs. Now I'm in love with a man that loves and accepts me for who I am. Most of the time it feels like I dream, I just pray it doesn't turn into a nightmare.