Chapter 5

I woke up the next morning to the smell of bacon being fried and Hades not being in bed. I sat up and stretched then a small square box sitting on my nightstand with a tag that had my name on it. I picked it up and looked down at my first ever Christmas present. I gently opened the wrapping paper then the lid of the box. Inside was a silver charm bracelet. There was a motorcycle, a pistol, a rose, a knife, a skull, and a padlock. I ran my hand over it, smiling softly.  I put on then slipped on Hades shirt before leaving the room. He stood at the stove so I wrapped my arms around his waist from behind. "I love it, thank you," I told him. He rested a hand on mine, not saying anything. We stayed like that until he finished cooking before going over to the couch to eat while watching Die Hard, the only Christmas movie I liked. Some argue it's not, a Christmas movie, but to me it is and those who say differently can suck it.

After we ate, we just put our dishes on the coffee table and got comfortable. "So what do you usually do for Christmas," I asked him curiously. "Fuck a willing woman or get drunk," He answered. "You?" 

I shrugged, "Get drunk, go kill someone if I had been hired, spend the day cleaning every weapon I had, threaten Christmas carolers, and other things along those lines."

"And what did you do when you were part of the guild," He asked me. "Some of the kids would sneak out to go play in the snow while I stayed inside. One of the older kids would snitch on them and then I was forced to watch the guildmaster beat them for not following the rules. One year, when we were fifteenish we drugged the guildmaster and went out to get tattoos," I sighed, "Unfortunately he made us go through the hell of getting that tattoo removal crap. That shit hurt more than getting it. He thought it was a good test of our pain tolerance and how long we could handle it. I was smart though and got a small one on my wrist while some had bigger. He didn't want us to have them so we couldn't have any identifying markers."

"What did you get," He asked curiously. "A pink tulip," I told him. "I think about it now and it seems so stupid. A hardened killer with a girly tulip tattoo. Yet I had loved it for the small amount of time I had it."  "Its not stupid," he told me. "I can even take you to get another one if you want."

I looked at him and I could tell he was serious. "So what is something that you've wanted that you feel its stupid?" "To ride a roller coaster," He admitted. "Growing up there was always this carnival I wanted to go too and ride the rides but I was never allowed. When I left and was surviving on the streets, having to save every penny. When I joined Inferno I never went because I didn't want the others to look down on me for doing something childish."

I smiled, "I dont see that as stupid. I think it sounds like a good time. You can use taking me as an excuse so it doesnt hurt your ego. Instead you'll be seen as someone taking care of their woman." He chuckled, "I guess I could." "Plus I've never been either. I've been zip lining in the Amazon though, but I doubt that's the same thing."

"The Amazon," He asked with a raised eyebrow. "One of the men the guildmaster hired lived in a large tree house in the Amazon. The zip line went straight through the forest. It was a lot of fun," I explained to him. He chuckled, "Interesting."

We then fell silent again, just watching the movie, but neither paying attention to it. When it ended I got up and stretched. His eyes followed the hemline of his shirt, watching it reveal more and more. I smirked at him and put my arms down, causing the shirt to recover me. He looked disappointed and I laughed at him.

He then pulled me towards him, kissing me like his life depended on it. Suddenly his phone rang, breaking our kiss. He grabbed my ass, keeping me close, as he reached over for his phone. "What," he said when he answered it. He then got to his feet, "I'm on my way."