Chapter 10

The blizzard was almost on top of us, and to quickly get us ready, we put the guild and Inferno together for the first time. It was tense but they worked well. Ice managed to score some really great back up generators so we wouldn't have to worry about the power. They were also able to reinforce the weaker areas and protect the windows. We had sent groups to the other chapters and they were able to fix them up and get back before it hit us.

I was doing a final check on the inventory when Hades came over and wrapped his arms around me. He tucked his face in the crook of my neck and he felt really hot. I turned in his arms and felt his forehead with my hand. He looked pale and so tired, "You look like shit." He sighed, "I feel like it." "Take your ass upstairs and go to bed, Set and I can handle everything else," I told him. "There is too much to do," he said with a shake of his head. "You're pushing yourself so much, you've made yourself sick," I told him while taking his hand.

I lead him up the stairs to our room and made him strip off his clothes and lay down. "If you get up, I will kick your ass," I warned him. I kissed his forehead as he sighed. I then went back downstairs and went over to Set. "Hades is out of commission, he's sick," I told him. He nodded, "I saw that coming. He's been pushing himself too hard." I nodded in agreement and looked over the papers on my clip board. "HQ is shut down, and we're all set up in the guest rooms," Croft informed me. I nodded, "Good. Now until this shit passes, I want you guys to just relax and be normal for once." He nodded and left and I looked back to Set. "How are you doing," I asked him. Things around the compound have been so tense since Set outed Julie for cheating with one of the brothers.

He ran a hand through his hair, "I fucking hurt, but I'm gonna be fine. Just need a woman to fuck for a little while and a good drink." I nodded then turned to look at the common room. The laid back feeling was gone, and a feeling of caution had fallen over the group. There was so much stress it was affecting everyone. We all have this feeling that Raging Bull was going to attack us soon, we just didn't know when.

Luckily when the blizzard hit, Raging Bull played it smart and spent their time preparing their own compound instead of attacking us. I went up the stairs to the room I shared with Hades and saw him asleep with an arm hanging off of the bed. I went over and kissed his forehead, hating he felt so hot. Hopefully this blizzard will give him some peace so he can get the rest he desperately needs. I cleaned up the room, and I had a weird feeling come over me. I tossed the dirty clothes in the hamper then leaned against the window frame as I stared at the start of this shit storm. Everything has changed in such a short period of time. Here I am, the Master of the guild I had run from, in love with a man who's demons play with my own, making ties every where I go. I looked over to the man who carried the weight of the world on his shoulders. He was so vulnerable and tired, all because he has so much on his plate. I want to desperately lift some of that weight off of him. He has given me so much, and I know he may think I don't owe him, but I do. I have a family, who accepts me for who I am.

I slaughtered those men in the club without batting an eye, and Hades kissed me afterwards, not caring. When I killed those men in my apartment, they were simply betting how long it would take me, not once showing an ounce of disgust. My eyes went to my girly tattoo. Every time I look at it, I smile. I can't help it. My charm bracelet shined brightly on my wrist as well. I felt like something was missing from it. Persephone, the Goddess of the Underworld, Hades Queen and wife. Did I deserve that name? I was Crimson, the assassin who enjoyed the sight of blood. Crimson was the woman who didn't know the meaning of love. Crimson was a woman who only knew how to make others suffer. The name no longer seemed to fit me. Neither did my red hair. 

I was brought out of my thoughts when there was a knock on the door. I covered Hades up before going to answer it. It was Set with papers, "Everyone is accounted for at the other chapters." I took the forms and nodded, "Thanks for Set." "How is he," He asked me, gesturing with his chin. "Sleeping like a rock," I told him. "He still has a fever, but hopefully it'll break soon." He nodded, "Hopefully." He then left and I shut the door. I sat on the foot of the bed with the forms and began to look them over. Everything seemed right and in order. I went to place them on his desk and sighed when I saw how messy it was. His organized chaos, he liked to call it. I knew better than to touch it so I placed the forms on the top of the pile of papers he had.

"Persephone," I heard Hades mumble sleepily. I turned to see his eyes were cracked open slightly and he was holding his hand out to me. I stripped off my clothes before joining him. He held me tightly to him and I kissed his chest softly as he relaxed again. His soft snores a second later told me he was asleep once more. I smiled softly before letting sleep take me as well.