Chapter 1: My Mate Necklace

-Ember's Pov-
I opened my eyes as I looked around my room and I seen a necklace box with a note from my moms.

Ember,

Happy Birthday sweetie me and pops got your mate necklace for you and we hope you love it. Remember to wear it and remember when your mate or mates are near it will glow also remember your necklace shows you a type of design that tells you what they are. We love you and so happy you are officially 17 now. Please remember you are riding home with Pops I have to meet up with your Aunts today. I should be home by 6 the latest have a good day.

Love you,
Mom and Pops

I sighed of course she has to meet them on my birthday ugh my Aunts are the worst they use my mom for money and it sucks.

I got out of bed and went straight into the shower. I am a short girl for being a werewolf but I don't care. I quickly got out of the shower and then I grabbed my necklace it had a red heart and a gold crown on it with some initials on it too. I walked to my door and grabbed my red dress with my red converse.

I grabbed my bra and underwear as I got dressed I wondered, would my mate or mates like me? Will they reject me because of me not shifting yet? I feel bad about myself with me not shifting that makes me and my family vulnerable and it sucks.

I am only 5'1 with brown hair and tan skin, I can't even fight nor can I protect my mate or mates. I would be the weakest in the relationship well it is a bond that we have with each other once I was dressed and had the stuff I needed I was on my way to hell. I mean school.