𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕𝟐

Start from the beginning

on her head sat a tiara connecting to her veil and on her neck rests the amulet she treasured.

"you look stunning" hongjoong stands, placing his hands on his pockets.

soojin thanks him, turning towards the wizard as she gasps.

"yeosang!" she said, quickly approaching the man "what happened to your hair?"

the wizard sighs "choi san happened to my hair. i dont know how that guy manages to rule a whole kingdom when he's a childish idiot"

it was the maids' turn to gasp, the words of the wizard playing in their mind. soojin laughs it off as she thanks them, politely asking for them to leave.

"is this why i couldnt find you yesterday? because you got your hair dyed to blonde?" she carefully touches the end strands of his hair.

yeosang nods, sighing for the second time before his lips sat straight on his face "surprise? i guess. i cant believe your brother's still holding grudges for dying your hair without his permission"

soojin laughs. the wizard suddenly brings up the pair of shoes he was holding, telling her to sit on one of the couches.

yeosang kneels on one leg as he slips on the sandals on both her feet. soojin wiggles them after, giggling with excitement "thank you"

they hear a squeal, followed by a door closing. seonghwa had his mouth agape as he covers it with his hands "soojin! you look amazing!" he comes near her, bumping the captain on his way. hongjoong looks at him with a scowl, mumbling words to which the navigator ignored.

he takes both of the princess's hands as he squeezes it "wooyoung is one lucky man to have you" he utters "i can't believe it took him a whole year to propose to you" he tsked.

she giggles as a servant came knocking on their door, telling them that the carriage was prepared and that it was time for them to leave.

they took their time walking along the corridor of the palace. hongjoong and seonghwa were leading them outside, where the coach was waiting for their arrival.

yeosang offers her one hand as she takes a step on the carriage followed by another. the three men now helped getting her train inside before stepping in as well.

soojin stared outside the window whilst the two pirates converse between themselves. her elbow was balanced at the ledge and her eyes trailed onto the many trees and houses they passed by. she smiled happily to herself as today was the day she was going to marry the man she had grown to love.

as she continues on her dreamlike dazed, she was completely oblivious to the man in front of her, who looked at her with a soft bittersweet smile. the wizard suddenly felt a stray tear trickle down his face.

"a penny for your— oh yeosang.. are you crying?" soojin says, snapping the wizard back to reality.

he quickly wipes his tears away, smiling rather shyly towards the princess "sorry, im just happy that you're getting married"

"thank you" she said, fumbling with her amulet. yeosang looks at the object softly "you really like that dont you?"

she nodded "it became my lucky charm and it was from you"

yeosang only smiles, starting up some small talk with the princess. soon the carriage stops, they all look outside to see that they've reached the venue for today's event.

they went for a less traditional type of wedding-- unlike the normal royal weddings that should be strictly held at a church. soojin didnt want that, saying that ‘me and wooyoung are far from being a normal couple’ until she finally convinced them. the elders were not so happy about it but granted her wish, for the person she was going to marry was not from any royal bloodline.