𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓

❛❛ what is this surprise
you're telling me about ❜❜
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

❛❛ what is this surpriseyou're telling me about ❜❜━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

soojin was dressed in one if her best gowns; a peachy pink colored one with ruffles. one of the maids were applying some light makeup on her face, hoping that it would be able to conceal her dark under-eyes.

the maids were giggling about something but soojin's head was somewhat disconnected from the world, not even bothering to listen into her maid's conversations as she only stared into her reflection— now that she took the time to look at herself, she did look thinner, her cheeks has lost some of its chubbiness and her face looked gray.

"we're now done princess soojin" one of the maids said as they both excused themselves.

a few minutes later, a knock came on her door as soobin greeted her "you look decent sister"

"thanks" soojin mumbled "now what is this surprise you're telling me about?"

soobin offered his arm as the princess grabbed it before both the siblings walked towards the palace garden "this better be good soobin"

as the two reached the garden, soojin spotted a brunette, observing the beautiful flowers that grew all over.

when they came closer, the brunette noticed their presence and turned towards them. he immediately bowed to the siblings as they bowed back as well.

the brunette grabbed one of soojin's hands and placed a light kiss on it "princess soojin, it's been a while"

soojin looked at her brother first before replying to the man in front of her "prince jongho, what a pleasure it is to have you here" the prince smiled.

"i guess i'll leave you two together then" soobin bids them goodbye, earning a glare from his sister. soobin laughed it off and showed a thumbs up towards the princess.

as soobin disappeared from their sight. the two young royals were left alone.

"would you like to take a stroll with me princess? or would you like to just sit down?" jongho offered.

"its been a while since i've went out of my room. maybe a stroll" soojin replies as the other nodded.

the two walked side by side, feet trailing silently against the stone path beneath them "princess–"

"please, just call me soojin. we are friends after all" the prince smiled widely before nodding.

"so.. soojin, how are you?" jongho started slowly as the princess slightly tensed at the question. jongho, noticing, held soojin by the small of her back.