𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟗.𝟓

❛❛ sunset? ❜❜
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

❛❛ sunset? ❜❜━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

those who were left inside the ballroom were the sons and daughters of those invited kingdoms, happily catch up with their old friends as they parade their gowns and suits around.

king joonho had announced minutes before that he was holding a meeting by the throne room, calling upon the leaders of each kingdom to come immediately. each ruler was given a servant to guide them, as they exit and left the premises of the party.

as the last song for the celebration was about to start, everyone started roaming around, inviting their partners for a dance as the instrumentals were already playing. it was a slow yet happy tune-- a perfect way to end the party.

soojin was sitting beside jiseon. a glass filled with pinkish colored liquid that tasted like a mixture pineapple, watermelon and strawberries sits at her hands as she takes a sip. the princesses watched as the dance floor started getting crowded, getting filled with royals who wanted to enjoy the last song with their partners.

hongjoong and the rest were outside, probably handing out some food to the gunner. wooyoung still hasnt returned and it made her worried.

"may we have this dance?" a hand comes into her view, looking up to see the owner. jongho was smiling at her, one of his hands were behind his back whilst the other was extended towards her.

jiseon from beside bumps her shoulder, taking hold of her glass as she shoos the two away "go have fun" she said.

just in time, san also went to her, squinting his eyes at jongho as he sees his gesture "stealing my sister for the final dance huh? well.. i guess i'll just steal your sister too"

"yeah-- wait, what?" jiseon was prepared to tease her brother but stops short as the statement of san processed in her mind "no! i dont want to dance" she waves her hands after placing the glass down.

san pulls her up, dragging her towards the dance floor, her red dress swaying against the floor "come on! your brother stole my sister, so now i'll steal his as payback"

jongho and soojin laughs at their siblings, watching as jiseon whines but still complies to the prince's demand.

soojin stands up and places a hand on the prince's own, earning a smile from the later. jongho holds her hand carefully, guiding her towards the dance floor as if she was the most precious and delicate human in this world. for him, she was.

it wasn't their first dance together, but it was nerve-wracking. he scolds himself for shaking a bit and prays that the princess didnt notice it.

the others gave way for them, taking their position in the middle of the room. the singer started singing, everyone starting to sway to the music.