Chapter 5

Dedicated to my little penguin ;P Only wish for your happiness. Thanks to all of you guys you are all amazing thanks for staying patient, i'll update faster promise. This chapter is in Blade's POV.

Chapter 5

(NOT EDITED)

With every step we took to get closer to the tree, Luke’s pace in front of us slowed down, as if not wanting to move forward, afraid of what he’ll find. I rolled my eyes at his childish behaviour. I think I remember the path so I took led.

The trees gave me an unwelcomed feeling; I was never a nature boy, never liked camps, maybe because it reminded me of the past. With my parents, we use to camp every year at least three times. It was bonding time. That was more than ten years ago. Not anymore. I avoid anything and everything that reminds me of them.

Which is also why we ride motorbikes instead of cars, even though we have a black, Ferrari 458 Italia, I mean we drive it every once in a while. But I prefer bikes.

When we finally reached it, I searched our surroundings and guess what we found. If you said nothing you deserve a golden star. But Luke wasn’t looking at his surroundings at eye level. Instead he was looking at the treetops like Jackie.

“She hides in trees. But I can’t see her.” He finally muttered than looked down at the remaining of what was left of the tree. He picked up a few drawings and pictures. I walked over to another tree and leaned against the trunk. I had a bad feeling. Jackie stood by me after a couple of seconds.

I looked at him. “Something seems off. I feel like it was a little too easy to just get here. I mean their dad has so many men. Wouldn’t he put men on guard around this place or something?” I mumbled to myself before Jackie shushed me, he only shushes us when he hears something. When I looked up at him, his eyes widened at what he was staring at.

“Luke! Watch out!” He yelled over before a broad thirty year old looking man punched him at the left side of his temple. He lost his balance but Jackie steadied him just in time. I sprinted up to the man and punched him just hard enough to make him lose conscious.

I exhaled deeply. That felt good. I should do that more often so I punched him again just for the joy of it.

I turned around to a dizzy looking Luke.

“Really Luke? You call yourself a guy?” I rolled my eyes before holding up two fingers.

“How many fingers am I holding?”

“Four?” He muttered.

“Great.” Jackie gritted out.

“Say two.” I whispered to Luke.

“Two.”

“See his fine now. Get back on your feet.”

Jackie just glared at me. Before pulling Luke’s arm around his shoulder and lifting him up. “Get those pictures and we’re getting out of here. We can’t stay here with Luke looking like this.” He walked off.

“Leaving me to do the cleaning again!” I called out to him.

“Blade. Just shut up and do it.”

“Blade just shut up and do it,” I mimicked lowly. I picked up everything that is still in one piece, when something caught my eye it was a picture of two little kids. A little girl with a wide smile two front teeth missing and an older boy with freckles on his face, his arms around the girl’s shoulder protectively.