Chapter [1]

Chapter [1]

Chapter [1]

“She’s gone.”

“What?” I blinked back at him blankly.

“I looked everywhere like three times.” He muttered in a matter of fact tone.

“How could she be gone? Blade man, seriously, stop with the pranking, both of you! This isn’t even funny.”

I shook my head and laughed it off. I really didn’t want to admit it to myself. I’ve been doing my own searching. I mean I’ve checked everywhere. They were good at hiding let me-

 “Seriously Luke, does it look like I’m pranking you!” He had a point; he looked almost as shocked as I was feeling. I just didn’t want to believe it. Yes I’ll admit I was in denial.

I pushed by him and looked in her room again. Nothing. No I wasn’t worried, because worried sick was just an understatement. I mean she was right in here sleeping on my bed, in my room a few hours ago. My heart was thumping hard against my ribcage; it was starting to get really hot in here. Just like my temper.

“Did you check the Balcony?” I suggested hurriedly. My hands forming fists, I realized I was clenching and unclenching them subconsciously.

“Twice.”

But she always sat out there when she wakes up from her nightmares, that’s if she didn’t come to my room like she usually does. I don’t understand. Did she fool me last night? No she couldn’t have. I saw fear in her eyes. What changed?

“Bathroom?” I rushed out the room and burst into the bathroom. Empty. Just like my heart. But not like my racing mind. Where the hell did she go all of a sudden?

 Just like that Lottie?

Charlotte, honestly just tell me why?

I walked slowly back to my room trying to make sense of what was really happening. Would she actually leave me alone or was this one of her sick pranks? I made a face at myself. I knew I was just being melodramatic. I wanted to believe I was just being melodramatic. It felt like a reality slap in the face to be honest; or a punch to the guts; or even a stab to the heart.

Remind you of anyone Luke?

Shut up brain I had an excuse!

Yeah keep telling yourself that.

Was she trying to get back at me?

Was this her way of payback?

“Dude chill.” I heard Blade say. That’s when I lost it.

“HOW CAN I CHILL WHEN MY SISTER IS OUT THERE? HE’S OUT THERE TOO AND YOU KNOW THAT. SO DON’T TELL ME TO CHILL. DUDE!” I exploded. Urrggghhhh… I've got a short temper.

I grabbed the lamp and tossed it across the room, where it shattered in many pieces. It helped me release some tension.

My veins must’ve been popping out of the side of my neck; I haven’t been very patient or very manageable when it comes to my anger lately. I’ve always had that issue for like years, but I managed it. Now I couldn’t. Now I wanted to break more things. My blood boiled in rage. Anger couldn't cover all that I felt.

“Did you try to call her?” Of course I felt stupid for not trying. I snatched up my phone from the bed side and speed dialled her phone.

It was engaged. I redialled.