02 • Your Call Princess

Zaeden as Vinay Karthik^^
●○●

Zaeden as Vinay Karthik^^●○●

《Short Recap》

"So where's my roommate?" Vinay grinned cheekily, "I didn't expect him to bring a girl back home on his first day here."

I scrunched my nose in disgust at what Vinay was implying. Yuck!! I wasn't some random moto's one night stand!

Suddenly, my heart stopped as I finally registered his words.
My roommate wasn't a girl. It was uh...a boy.

My eyes widened in alarm as I finally managed to croak out, "You are my roommate."

●○●

My eyes widened in alarm and I finally managed to croak out," You are my roommate."

It sounded more like an affirmation to myself, as I tried to digest my situation.

"And I'm Robert Downey Jr." Vinay said without batting an eyelash. "Girl, if you're not here for my roommate, then you fucking need to get out. Because, personally I'm not into the stalker kind of chicks."

Gah! I blinked my eyes incredulously. How thick was this boy?

Someone just kill me right now. Put me out of my misery already. How on earth was I supposed to explain to this asshole that I was his roommate. Honestly, if I wasn't on the brink of insanity his words would have hurt me.

Who the hell did he think he was? God?!

He had absolutely no right to speak to me like I was a paid stripper or something. I simply wasn't going to have that.

"Well, I'm sorry to tell you that I'm not going anywhere you man-whore. This is my place. And if you want proof I have it right here." I seethed, marching into my room to get my phone.

Opening my email, I clicked on the contract details that my father had forwarded to me. I thrust my hand forward for Vinay to see.

His smirk instantly dropped into a nasty scowl. He cursed under his breath, before jumping off the kitchen top.

Running his fingers through his hair in frustration, he said, "Look, I expected my roommate to be a fucking guy, ok. And since your father carried out all the transactions, I mistook him to be the one. I don't fucking want a girl under my roof, so I suggest you look for another place."

I eyed him incredulously, "You can't just kick me out like that. I've already paid six months of rent. Besides you obviously need the money to pay flat rent because you can't pay it all on your own."

"Don't worry about that. I think I can manage." Vinay cursed again.

I inhaled slowly.

"Besides, what will your parents say when they find out that their sweet little daughter is living with a boy like me? Your father obviously thinks I'm a girl right? I'm sure they'll be delighted when you tell them." He said.

I bit my lip nervously, my parents certainly wouldn't think of this living arrangement to be appropriate. They'd probably skewer me alive. Indian parents tended to be pretty conservative and protective that way.

But college started in two days and the other flats would be full already. Prospects of finding a new place were bleak.

Vinay pulled off his sweat drenched t-shirt, revealing his toned torso. I looked away immediately as blood rushed into my ears. Vinay smirked at my reaction and I watched wordlessly as he walked into his room after carelessly dropping his dirty t-shirt on the couch.

Cringing in disgust , I make a mental note to never sit on that particular seat again.

Making my way to his room, I stand awkwardly in the doorway, "I'm going to stay."

"Are you sure about that?" Vinay cocked his head to the side.

"Yes I'm sure. I'm staying here until I find a new place at least." I asserted.

"Your call Princess." he says, walking towards me. When he stops in front of me, I realise that he's standing far too close to me for my liking and I instinctively take a step back.

"Don't say I didn't warn you..." he mutters under his breath, before slamming the door close.

'Phew,' I sigh.

That went well. Given that Vinay had been nothing but a grade A asshole to me, but I'd never expected him to be a generous and caring mother duck.

If anything, I had expected him to...I don't know...lash out at me? Break something, maybe?

The only times I'd seen him in college was when he was fighting someone on the college grounds or during the basketball season. And on most of those occasions, his aggressiveness had stood out. No wonder I always made it a point to stay away from him.

Shaking my head, I entered the kitchen and placed a tumbler on the stove to boil milk for my morning coffee.

The fridge, I saw, was well stocked with fruits, green vegetables and eggs. Athletes needed their proteins after all.

Thank God Vinay wasn't into takeout and instant foods because honestly they got boring and tasteless after a while.

The kitchen lacked carbs though. There wasn't anything except some bread. I knit my eyebrows as I made a mental list of the things I needed to buy.

Ok, so a visit to the grocery store was due today.

The day looked boring and there seemed to be nothing to do. I was already done with most of my unpacking.

Maybe I'll hang out with my friends today. It had been quite a while since we last saw each other. Besides, Vinay needed some space.

I opened the group chat and typed in a message, 'Anyone free today?'

Roshni texted back immediately, 'Neel and I can hang out till four. What are you thinking of doing?'

We finally decide to go to the mall because window shopping and raiding the game arcade there were our all time favorites.

Finishing my coffee in a single gulp, I shuffled hurriedly to my room to get ready. My body still hurt because of my weightlifting session yesterday but the pain was more bearable now.

After a quick shower, I pulled on the first hoodie I could find and paired it with the pair of jeans at the top of my clothes pile.

Hastily, I penned down a short note for Vinay.

'Will be out the entire day. Might come back late. ~Akira'

I stuck the note on the fridge and headed out.

●○●

Thank you for reading!
Stay at home, stay safe.
Don't forget to vote, comment and share!!