18. Stares

OMG I THOUGHT I PUBLISHED THIS CHAPTER BUT I CHECK BACK AND SEE IT WAS A DRAFT XD My bad, sorry, so sorry~!

Rant (Not necessary to read): You know guys, I think it's very sad when an author quits updating one of their story or deleting the story altogether because of hate/mean/rude/etc comments (and I'm not talking about myself, I haven't received any hate comments or anything, thankfully, I appreciate it). That's not very nice, those comments hurt a person's feelings and crush the readers because they can't read a story anymore. Like I see this a bunch of times (and you probably do too) and I'm not just saying it's you cause hey, I don't know you but it sort of breaks my heart when an author just gives up because of a few people's crude words. Words hurt a lot more than they seem and to push someone to a point where they lose inspiration at doing something they love...that's heartbreaking. But you know this stuff doesn't only occur to authors, it happens everyone. When people crush someone else's passion for what they love, that's heartbreaking, your words will forever be in their mind and you can't really take it back and it haunts them forever...I don't know...I'm sorry if I offended anyone...but if anyone insults you for doing what you love, please don't give in to them. You're amazing and you should keep doing what you love cause it's to please you, not anyone else. Thank you.

Chapter 18: Stares

*~~Alice's POV~~*

"You ready?" Chase asked, as he cut the car engine and grasped my hand.

The break is over and it's back to college. The campus lays right in front of us. I take a deep breath and exhale. I squeeze his hand and toss him a smile, "I'm ready."

We got out of the car and started walking with our hands clutched.

"No, this won't work." I heard Chase mutter. He pulled his hand, only to interlock our fingers and hold my hand tighter. "That's the proper way to hold hands."

I laughed at Chase's grin, "You had me scared, come on, let's go."

Chase gives me a soft smile then leans down to plant a chaste kiss on my lips. With that, we start walking together.

~

"Feels weird." I commented as Chase and I walk to Bradford's class.

"The stares? Sure does. It's like they've never seen a couple hold hands and walk to class together. Weird, right? I mean there's a lot of couples at Alerion." Chase says giving my hand a squeeze.

I let out a laugh as Chase and I pass another student with her mouth open...and another gasping...and another staring with shock at Chase's and my intwined hands...and anot---oh well you get the picture. "Well maybe I can understand why the students are staring. I mean, you, the big player actually settling down....you've never settled down before have you?"

"Nope," Chase said, popping the 'p,' "You're my first girlfriend. You're also the first woman who I spent time watching movies with. Not including my mother of course."

I don't know why, but I felt really happy knowing that fact. Chase glanced at me, "Say something."

"I don't know...I'm honored." Chase was mid way in rolling his eyes when I gave him a chaste kiss. Then we heard a loud gasp from the students in the hallways. "Oh dear." I sighed out. "Come on, let's make a run for Bradford's class." Chase said, tugging my hand.

"I'm right behind you." I mutter as we escaped to Bradford's class. Oh it's Abigail and Jared...well not anymore. Well yeah I see them but from a far away distance since Chase and I are running.

Ooh, I see Bradford's door. Yes, no more running. I mean it wasn't a long run but I'm lazy?

"Morning professor." I heard Chase greet the wise man. Bradford returned a grunted 'morning.' I smiled at Bradford, "Good morning, Professor Bradford." Unlike Chase, the professor smiled at me, "Good morning, Ms. Chainz. Your paper for the last assignment was a pleasure to read. Great job on it." I gave the wise man a 'thank you' and sat down with Chase.