24. Fun in the Sun

Chapter 24: Fun in the Sun

A Week Later

*~~Alice's POV~~*

"Come on Chase, get up." I shook Chase's shoulder, trying to get him to wake up. It was 6:30 in the morning and we needed to get going to Darling Chainz.

Chase rolled over and ducked his head under a pillow, "Five more minutes."

I placed my hands on my hips, "You said that last time and you ended up sleeping for 30 minutes."

Chase popped his head out of the pillow. He flashed me a grin and snickered a little, "Don't you look menacing in that pose?"

I smiled, "Just get up and get ready. We're having pancakes!"

I laughed as he instantly stood up.

~In Darling Chainz~

I handed Gray a tray, "Take this to table four, please."

"Anything for you, Alice." Gray sang and took the tray away.

"He still has the hots for you."

I jumped a little, startled by Sam's appearance. "Don't scare me like that, where'd you come from?"

Sam waved his hand at me, "Eh I was here all along. You just didn't notice me. You don't love me!"

I shook my head giving Sam a hug, "Don't say that, I do love you, a lot."

Sam pulled me closer, "Of course duh. Who doesn't love me?"

"That'd be me...and everyone else in the world." Jack commented, carrying a plate to table three.

Sam stuck his tongue at him and released me from his embrace. "It's really hot, we should go to the beach."

I grinned at him, "Can we? Please?"

Jack bit his inner cheek, thinking about it. We took a look around and came to a conclusion.

Jack sighed with a grin, "You two are in charge of planning."

~

We called it a day and held the club meeting.

"Wait, don't leave, there's going to be a mini staff meeting." Sam called out to everyone.

I heard a few groans, I don't blame then, it's late as heck.

"Think about the free food." Maria called out, cheering everyone up.

Everyone went into the kitchen, grabbed food, and sat down. I spotted Chase and sat down next to him.

Chase smirked at me, "Why Manager, won't you stand up there and hold the meeting?"

Chase wrapped his arms around me and pulled me to him. I leaned into his embrace, "I'm tired and the twins can handle it."

We stopped talking when Sam yelled, "WHO WANTS TO GO TO THE BEACH TOMORROW?!"

It's like everyone became alive again as we heard yelling. Gray took off his shirt and spun it in the air...before Maria smacked him and told him to put it back on.

Jack smiled, "We'll meet up here at 9. I know some of you want to take your cars rather ride in the vans we plan on taking. Can I have a list of people who plan on riding the van?"

A paper was passed around with names of the people who plan on riding in the van.

"Let's take my car." I gave Chase a nod and passed the paper.

"Oh," Sam started, "I know that not all of our staff members are here, cause duh, we all have certain shifts. So I have already emailed and sent a text to everyone earlier in the day."