37. Back to Classes

Chapter 37: Back to Classes

*~~Alice's POV~~*

It feels strange, attending classes after missing almost a whole week of it. I didn't want to come but Abigail forced me. Besides, my stomach bug seems to be out of the way, well almost.

Abigail and I were in the cafeteria, snacking on a sandwich, when a woman walked...no scratch that, the way she was moving was more of a 'sashay'. Allow me to start again. Abigail and I were in the cafeteria, snacking on a sandwich, when a woman sashayed over to us.

"So you're Alice." She gave me a head to toe glance before smirking, "It seems you're not much to compete against. Oh wait, Chase dumped you."

I frowned, "I'm sorry. Do I know you?"

The woman huffed, "I'm Melanie Abel, Chase's soon-to-be girlfriend."

Before I could say anything, Abigail snarled at her, "Please excuse your hoe arse out of here. You're ruining my appetite and wasting my meal time."

Melanie huffed again before sashaying away.

Abigail turned to me with a soft look, "I'm sorry that happened to you. But if Chase really does hook up with her, the break up is probably a good thing."

I shrugged as we both got up, "It's okay, I've been getting weird looks all day. Who is she anyway?"

Abigail hooked her arm around my neck as she led me to class, "Oh she's the college hoe. Now I'm in need of a bath, I might catch one of her STDs just from talking to her."

I laughed, "That's not how it works."

Abigail grinned, "You'll be needing a hot bath too!"

~

I sighed as I stared at the back of Chase's head.

Jared, who sat next to me, gave me a soft look. "Abigail filled me in. You know I never doubted you, you're not the cheating type. But talk about awful timing."

I gave Jared a grateful smile. "How's you and Miranda?"

The look on Jared's face nearly had me cooing at him. "Someone's a lovesick puppy."

He rolled his eyes, "Abigail calls me that too."

"All right, the assignment for tonight is on the webpage. You will be handing it tomorrow. Class dismissed, oh Ms. Chainz, a few words please."

Jared gave me 'good luck' look and I smiled, "I've been absent for a few days, relax."

I grabbed all my items and walked up to the professor, "You wanted me to stay behind, professor?"

~

"Thank you and have a nice day." I called out to the professor as I headed out.

I heard a faint 'You too, Ms. Chainz.'

As I walked out the hall, I dropped my textbook.

Picking it up, I glanced up to see Chase and that...hmmm...what was her name? Melinda?

Chase was leaning against the wall and Melinda was up close and personal with him.

I took a sharp intake of breath before looking away.

Melinda sneered, "Oh we have a pervert peeking."

I walked away, "Hope you have a nice day, Melinda."

"The name's Melanie!"

Ohhhh that's her name!

*~~Chase's POV~~*

I really had a hard time stifling my laugh as Alice called Melanie 'Melinda.'

Once Alice's gorgeous arse was out of sight, I let out the laugh.

Melanie frowned, placing her hands on her hips, "It's not funny!"

I winced at her shriek, "What are you talking about, that was priceless."

She scoffed, "Whatever, she probably did it on purpose cause she's jealous."

I stopped laughing, "No she didn't. Alice is not that type." I bit the inside of my cheek as I stared at the doors that Alice walked out of.

"You still have feelings for that slut?"

My eyes saw red, next thing I know, Melanie's back was against the wall and I was closing up to her ear, "If I hear you insult her any more, you'll regret it, got it? Now listen here, I don't plan on dating you or f**king you. You'll make this easier for both of us if you leave me alone."

I backed away, "Good day, Abel."