28. Darling Chainz Initiates

Chapter 28: Darling Chainz Initiates

*~~Chase's POV~~*

I am so excited, I feel like one of those cheerleaders from high school.

It's only a week until Alice's birthday and we all know what we're going to do.

After a few more days, I won't be needing to come home late anymore. I know that Alice has been suspicious about me coming home late all the time, especially with the Karen incident. However, it's only fair that she trusts me after all those nights she was out practicing dancing and singing.

I was at Darling Chainz, finishing up my shift. Alice went home hours ago, she hasn't been feeling well lately. Not only does she have a small cold, but she's on her period too. I may be a guy, but I know that sucks big time. Unlike some girls, Alice isn't very emotional...okay I lied, she's a bit emotional here and there. But it's not too common. However, she does get bad cramps. I nearly panicked a few days ago, when I got home to see her crouching next to her bed, tears in her eyes and holding her stomach. Of course, I rushed to her side, rubbed her stomach, and held her until she fell asleep.

"Mr. Hotshot, come here."

I turned around to see Sam calling me over. Oh and the thing with Sam, well he and Karen are dating now, although he still glares at me every now and then.

I served one last drink to a patron before heading over to Sam.

"What's up, boss?" I asked, wiping my hands on a towel he passed me.

Sam raised his chin, "You don't have anything for my girlfriend, do you?"

I quirked an eyebrow, "The only woman who I have feelings for is Alice. If that's all you have to say, I bid you a good night."

"Wait," I felt Sam's hand clamp down on my shoulder. I stared at him and he was scratching the back of his neck, "I'm sorry, just wanted to make sure. And good, you better only cherish Alice. But anyway, I also wanted to tell you that all the arrangements for Alice birthday's party have been made. The stage is free for that night, so we're good."

I gave him a nod, "I've told her best friends at college, and they're in. Are we getting the queen chair for her?" The queen chair was this exquisite, fancy chair that I know Alice would think is too much. But it's her special day, we all want her to feel special.

Sam and I skimmed through our checklist and we decided that everything looks fairly good. With one last nod, Sam slapped my back, "All righty, good work. Safe trip."

I gave him a nod, and took off my work apron and name tag.

As I reached my car, I sucked in the cold air of the night. Exhaling, I watched smoke leave my mouth. I smiled and opened the car door. Settling in, I decided to drive to the convenience store. I should stock up on pads, condoms, chocolate, and any other junk food.

Driving to the convenience store near our place, I parked my car. Grabbing my car keys, phone, and wallet, I strode in.

Got my condoms, got Alice's chocolate, even got a few packets of chicken noodle soup, Tylenol, and tissue boxes for Alice. Now onto the junk food and Alice's pads. Oh beer...f**k it, we have wine at home. Walking to the aisle where the pads are I frowned. What the f**k is this?!

There's all sorts of pads and tampon, but Alice doesn't use tampons. I sort of wish she did at this moment because there are so many different pads but one a few tampon selections. This is my first time shopping for pads, but I didn't know it'd be this hard.

Holding a packet up, I asked myself, "Why the hell are there different colors?"

Green, pink, orange, even purple...what the hell.