Abyssal Alterations: Part one: Prologue

" HOOLAN!! NOO!!" The beast heard her scream. He hated how scared her voice sounded " HOOLAN STOP!! ITS GOING TO KILL YOU!!"

No, he had time. He just had to grab this stupid thing and get her back. If it would just stop moving then he could grab it.

The beast let out a roar of rage as it eluded him once more. He never even heard the sound of the machine firing up.

He finally grabbed onto the metal flyer with one of his tentacles. He started to reach another one in to grab his love. But he never got far.

He only heard the sound of his beloved scream once more, there was a big boom behind him and he turned his head. Was it the machine? No there was no way it could have gotten its sites on him that fast!

No more thoughts could come to him after the thundering sound as his head exploded with agony as half his face was ripped off in the explosion that barely missed his entire head. Exposing raw flesh and white skull to the world.

The fire scorched his flesh and he could feel it sizzle, only for a second though until his nerves were burned dead. His remaining tentacles fell limply around his maw as blood cascaded out of his face like a waterfall.

He let go of the craft as he fell backwards into the ocean, gurgling up blood and seawater from his mouth and gills.

He could not hear anything anymore, not the waves not the machine, not his polyp, not even a ringing. Everything was quiet.

He tried to let out one last roar, but could not get anything out with all the blood rushing down his throat and into his lungs.

He reached his claw up one last time in one last attempt to get his love back into his hold, but she was to far into the sky, and he was sinking.

He did not even see her as his vision of the craft was concealed in bloody water, he could already feel the sharks nipping at his flesh, though he was sinking too fast for them to get any good bites.

He did not even get to see his polyp one last time before his vision went black, and he sank into the dark hold of the Abyss.