Chapter Thirteen

The next day, Lucas's parents and brother were suppose to be coming. The six people in the house were sitting down to a pleasant breakfast when Lucas's heard his phone. Standing up he softly excused himself and went to the phone in the living room. "Hello?" He asked as he answered. "Lucas, it's your mother. We won't be arriving on time our plane is delayed slightly. I'm calling from the plane baby…" Said a female voice on the other end. Lucas felt his heart beat a bit faster knowing they were on their way. "Well do you have an estimated time of arriving?" He asked softly.

Joe was listening quietly from the kitchen, ignoring his family as they chat amongst themselves. Getting up from the table he walked out to Lucas looking at the poor boy as he tried not to sound scared to his mother. "Lucas…" He said softly walking over. Looking to Joe, Lucas gave a weak smile as he listened to his mother. Taking his hand, Joe kissed his cheek gently before whispering. "Tell her now….if she is mad she will express it…but it also gives her time to think and tell your father and brother.." Joe recommended. Lucas stared at him, the options running through his mind. "Lucas? Lucas baby are you still there? Frank tell the attendant our phone has broken!" His mother voice rang out of the phone. "M-mom…I'm here. But…I've got something to tell you" he said softly looking at Joe the whole time, his hand tightly holding the others.

After explaining the situation, Lucas listened to the quiet knowing the line didn't cut but she was just so…quiet. As the silence dragged on, Lucas could feel his heart shattering slowly fearing his mother's rejection. Then the line finally cut, the timer going out for her payment. Lucas closed his eyes softly hanging up the phone and putting it in its holding. Folding his arms gently Lucas lowered his head, soft tears trailing down his cheeks. Joe frowned softly taking the other in his arms tightly. Lucas was trying to hard not to just burst into tears…especially with Joe's family in the next room. Feeling Joe's embrace, Lucas turned to face him wrapping his arms around him just wanting the other comfort so badly. Hiding his face in the others chest, his tears fell harder as his body trembled. "Lucas…"Joe said faintly, his heart braking to see Lucas so hurt by his family. "I…I was hoping…they would get to meet….our son" Lucas said softly into Joe's chest through his gentle sobs. "I know…" Joe said gently kissing his head softly. Lucas held onto Joe tighter, and before he knew it more arms joined the hug. His eyes widened some looking to the one side. There he saw Miranda and Nick, to the other Alexis and Skylar. Each gave him a caring smile before hugging him tighter. The bunch of them stood there for a bit until Lucas was calmed down. Joe moved to the couch with Lucas letting the upset male cuddle into him for comfort.

"Joe, me and your mom are gonna head out and do some Thanksgiving shopping. Call if you need help with anything or if Lucas wants anything" said Miranda as she kissed Joe's head gently, then Lucas's, a soft hand stroking his head  before the two headed out. Nick and Skylar were in another room, doing something to allow Lucas to try and relax from his emotional morning. Lucas was staring off somewhere as he stayed cuddled into Joe, his eyes pink and slightly puffy but the tears had stopped. As he slowly card down, Lucas noticed how heavy his eyes were feeling…and before he knew it they were closed. Joe was shocked when he saw Lucas actually fall asleep on his chest, his heart almost skipped a beat and the biggest smile formed on his face as he held Lucas gently.

(Short chapter again, sorry)