Chapter Six

It has been a a few months since Joe had finally got Lucas into bed with him. By now Lucas had accepted his fate and was free to roam the house. Joe had relieved the cops months before making it so it was just Lucas and him self, and so the cops didn't get way too nosey. Though for the past two weeks, Lucas had been sick with the flu running an fever and everything. Most of the time, Joe found him asleep in the bathroom, either leaning on the toilet or laying on the floor. Up stairs, Joe calmly helped his sick love back to bed laying him down gently. "Lucas I'm gonna run out and get another medicine…this one doesn't seem to be tackling your worst symptoms" said Joe softly. Lucas mumbled softly curling up in the blankets and pillows on the bed. Joe stood up looking at the lump of blankets and sighed gently, "Be back soon" he said softly before leaving the bedroom.

Lucas stayed curled up for a little bit before slowly rolling and slowly getting up. Peeking out the window he saw the car gone and sighed as he slumped his way to the bathroom. Kneeling down in front of the cabinet under the sink he dug through it, "Come one damn you, I know your in here" he said a bit irritated as he messed around inside before pulling out a smaller box. Staring at it he frowned gently before opening it and sliding out the best pregnancy test ever made. He had bought it for Elizabeth before they found out she was barren. Getting up he took the test, the best he could then waited in the bathroom while it processed. Though it was only five minutes it felt like eternity to him. Noticing it finished his breath caught, his eyes locked on the small stick that would change his life forever.

Reaching a shaking hand over he grabbed the small stick and read the results. His eyes widened a bit before he tossed the stick away. It said negative….He was relieved but felt a small bit of sorrow in the pit of his stomach. He secretly did want another chance at a family…but this one was a long shot. Getting up he went back to bed to lay down again curling up in his blankets again, his arms gently wrapping around his midsection. Thinking about losing out again at his chance saddened the hormone ridden boy, and before he knew it he was crying.

Only ten minutes after Joe came home and went up stairs. "Lucas.." He said softly entering the room to hear the soft sniffling from the blankets. "Lucas?" He asked walking over to the bed and sitting down beside Lucas. Moving some blanket he saw the tear streaks on Lucas's face and the red below his eyes. "What is wrong Lucas?" He asked gently. Looking at him, Lucas stared for a moment before scooting away to the other side of the bed and covering his head back up. Sighing gently Joe looked at Lucas before noticing something out of the corner of his eye. The bathroom door, it was open. He remembered closing it before leaving. Getting up he figured Lucas had gotten sick again so he went in to make sure everything was cleaned up, just so his love could vomit in a clean toilet when needed. Looking around, everything seemed clean and neat. "Huh…" Joe said softly about to leave before the little plastic stick in the garbage caught his eye. Moving over he looked at it, a soft sigh escaping his lips as he sadly looked back out to Lucas. Closing the bathroom door he softly climbed in behind Lucas going under the covers with him. "Lucas…" He started. "Leave me alone" snapped Lucas as he curled up tighter. Joe looked at him before gently wrapping his arms around him bringing him closer and letting his arms join Lucas's as they gently held his belly. The two silently laid there, Lucas gently sniffling as tears gently streamed down his face. Joe gently held his distraught love for comfort, but he knew it wasn't the end they could always try again.