Lucy crossed her arms over her chest, her pride wounded, "Whatever, it was a good fight." She stood up ready to leave before Angus grabbed her arm.

"What did I tell you about fuckin' touch-"

"Wait Lucy, I need to talk to you about something." At her annoyed expression he elaborated, "It's about Titania."

His voice dipped in volume as he ushered her away from the food room. She dropped her complaints at the mention of her Alpha and the seriousness of his face but ripped her arm out his grasp – her wolf antsy.

"Sure, we can head to your cabin?"

He nodded as they passed the Spaniards. While the bronzed wolves sniggered amongst themselves, their eyes caught the Duskfall wolves. Their looks were anything but friendly and the tension was thick in the air – it could be tasted sour and thick upon one's tongue. Regardless of the ferocity, both held their heads high with daring eyes and while the Spaniards eyed them back.

'Look at them, still thinking that they're better than us.'

Mutters between the Spaniards had Lucy wanting to rip out some throats. Her fists tightened as she held her furious wolf back at the sneers. 'Lucky they haven't been taken over by now. It's only a matter of time before Duskfall becomes the laughingstock.'

Angus pulled her away as they made their way to the door, leaving the chortles of the Spaniards. Something was brewing in the air and Angus prayed and Garth knew what they were doing.

The past few days had hit Duskfall with the peak of winters finest storms. Snow and hail pelted the land and many of the European packs had been surprised at such conditions, spending most of their time inside. They were used to humid temperatures and a milder climate and continued to mention the fact. Much to the displeasure of the Duskfall wolves.

Duskfall wolves had limited their hunting but continued to take strolls and patrols outside - weather not a constraint. With years of adaption, many knew the pitfalls of winter and it was simply just another season of life, coming and going, and if you followed Mother Nature's rules then you would not fall into her icy grasp.

As Lucy and Angus made their way to Angus's cabin on the borders of the western ridge, many gazes followed them: some held suspicion, others awe but many resentment.

None had forgotten the risk Duskfall had put them in by inadequately killing a feral wolf and bringing her back. Four European lives lost to her rescue party alone. Not to mention the butchering of the French Beta Adam.

Snow crunched under their feet as they walked in sync. The wind howled and Lucy gathered her hides round her neck to conserve heat. "Is she..." She paused unsure how to ask, "Okay? Like, breathing... or?"

Angus's back stiffened as he thought about the best way to answer the teen.

"She's breathing that's for sure but... well," he sighed, deciding the truth may be for the best. "She's still in wolf form and very much feral."

"Oh..."

Lucy held her breath as tears threatened to cascade. Biting down on her tongue, she simply nodded and walked along with Angus, partially in silence; par the long howl from the wind.

Approaching his small cabin, Angus turned his key within the lock. A small click giving them permission to enter. Lucy shivered, the snow that had clung to her furs falling to the floor as she hung them up, meanwhile Angus prepared Lucy a fresh cup of coffee from his Expresso machine.

"Have a seat, I won't keep you long." He motioned to the little couch in the corner.

"I'm just happy you're telling me because nobody will tell me anything! Nada, zilch! Bloody men..." She muttered as she accepted the steaming cup from his outstretched hands, "Thanks."