two

Oh, you're the best friend
That I ever had
I've been with you such a long time
You're my sunshine
You're My Best Friend - Queen

Layne

Today was extremely productive. I unpacked all but two of my boxes and made the apartment look a little more put together. The last couple boxes have decorations in them, just miscellaneous stuff like pictures, posters, some books, and random memorabilia. I also have a couple shelves to put up above my dresser, but I have no idea how and I can't do it by myself.

I broke down all of the boxes and shoved them in the back of my closet. I'm going to need them when I move home, that's why I'm not planning on throwing them away. The closet I have is next to the bathroom and no bigger than a coat closet, but it's something. I hung a few of my dresses up but the rest of my clothes fit easily in my dresser. I didn't bother packing a bunch of winter clothes since I'm only here for the summer and fall, so my dresser is relatively empty.

I called Trevin this morning and we talked for a few hours. I told him how my shift went last night, briefly mentioning Harry and his attitude, which he didn't comment on. He asked me how I was settling in and I told him that I was unpacking. He then FaceTimed me and talked to me the entire time I unpacked.

I miss his company; it isn't the same over the phone.

Just as I was about to start decorating, I got a text from Nicole asking if I could come in tonight. I have a hard time saying no to people, so I said yes and that is why I'm at work filling up four shot glasses with vodka.

There is a group of girls sat at the bar. One of them has long, straight, light pink hair and is wearing a well-worn, black jean jacket with patches all over it. She's been ordering for her group of friends and she is so nice. She keeps including me in their conversation at random times, asking my opinion on certain topics, trying to get me to back her up but some of the things she's said are just too out there.

Like right now she's trying to get me to agree with her that there is a possibility the Earth is flat.

"Come on! At least tell me you believe that there is a point-zero-zero-zero-zero-zero-one percent chance that the Earth is flat." She quips.

"Iris, she has common sense," the girl with two long blonde braid and black roots says, "just like the rest of us. The Earth isn't flat."

Iris rolls her eyes and turns to me. "You believe there is a possibility, right?"

I give her look full of pity, silently telling her I'm about to let her down, and shake my head.

She throws her arms in the air like it's the most preposterous thing she's ever experienced. "Are you kidding? Okay, I'm not saying I believe that the Earth is flat, I'm just saying I believe there is a slight chance that it is flat. I can't believe you couldn't even humor me."

I shrug, "I'm sorry, I just can't get behind it."

She shrugs it off and drinks one of the shots I placed in front of her and her friends. "Whatever, I know what I believe, and you know what you believe that's all that matters, right...?" she raises an expectant brow.

"Layne," I say.

She smiles sweetly, then repeats my name, "Layne. I'm Iris. That's Jenny," she points to the girl with her hair in braids, who waves. "And this is Sydney, and Claire," the other girls wave and sip on their cocktails. She leans on the bar and lowers her voice, "Are you busy next Friday?"