Appearences

As my pipe burned through his skull and flesh, he kept screaming at the stop of his lungs, in his scratchy voice.

He let out his final scream as his body went limp in my arms. I flop the body off me and tremble away from his corpse.

My fiery light started fading away slowly as I curled up in a ball and rocked back and forth.

I started biting my first, trying to mask some of my screams. Tears flowed down my face like a waterfall.

I kept rocking back and forth when I heard Jacks voice scream out.
"ALICE!? ALICE WHERE ARE YOU?!" He screamed into the storm drained an it echoed all the way back to where I was.

"JACK!" I screamed with a strained voice. I heard something drop on the floor at the entrance and jacks footsteps strike against the floor with each sprinting step.

I saw the outline of his face in the darkness. He turns on his flashlight that was already In his hand as he ran to me.

He shined his flashlight on me. His face was the best thing I could've seen at a time like this. He ran over to me put his arms around me. I cried even harder as I felt the warmth of his skin.

"What happned!?" He said taking his arms off of me. I kept crying and wiped a tear from my face. I look over to the dead mans body.

Jack follows my eyes and shines his flashlight on his lifeless body. He covers his mouth and stumbles away from me. I continued rocking back and forth and sobbing. I could hear his shaky breath under his hand.

"C-come on" he said holding his had out to me. I stood up and we started walking back towards the entrance of the drain. I looked over my shoulder back at the body, seeing his seared face, lie in a pool of his own blood.

Jack Walked me out of the darkness and sat me down with my back near the wall. He walked over to a bag sitting on the floor that I supposed that's what I heard drop.

He pulls out a bottle of blond hair dye and sets it in my hand.
"Y-you want me to dye my hair?" I stutter, still a bit chocked on my tears.
"We have to,Alice. They know what we look like." He says flatly.

He pulls out a pair of scissors from the bad and a small mirror. Jack was going to cut his own long brown hair. He started snipping away inch by inch until his hair looked like every other 21 year olds hair.

Jack hands me the scissors.
"I have to cut it too?" I ask angrily.
"You have too, you have to look different so people don't know it's you!"

He Hans me the mirror. I grab about an inch of hair. I held the open scissors to my wad of hair. I slowly cut my hair off until it was shoulder length.

Jack looks at me and all the hair around me on the floor. "Now let's go dye your hair!" He says holding his hand out to be. I grab it and he picks me up off the floor.

I brush off my black hair and started walking out of the drain. I realized Jack wasn't behind me and stopped. I turned around and saw Jack cleaning up all of the hair off the the floor.

"What are you doing?" I ask.
"Hiding the evidence that we were here." He says walking past me with all of our hair.

He walks over to a large dirt patch and throws the hair in it. He takes a match out of his pockets and lights it, then throws it onto the bundle of hair.

After it has burned for a few minuets he throws dirt on top of it and stomps out the fire.

"Shall we?" He says holding his arm out.
I go to reach for it but he pulls away and runs back into the drain.

"Almost forgot our stuff" he says handing me my backpack.

We walk into the store closest to the storm drain and I walk into the restroom. Before I walk into Jack grabbed my arm and whispers in my ear.
"Dye your hair and before you come out put your sweatshirt on. Then you walk out first and try to hide your face a bit but don't make it obvious and then I'll walk out after you."

I nod my head and walk into the bathroom. I've never dyed my hair before but I assumed the it was decently easy.

I opened up the bottle and squirted some in my hands and started scrubbing it through my hair.

I waited about 20 minutes and washed out my hair in the sink. I tried drying it some with my old shirt and put on a baseball hat I found in my backpack that I must've accidentally grabbed.

I walk out of the bathroom and see Jack browsing through the magazines. He glances at me and winks.

I start walking out of the store, trying to not look at the clerk. I wait outside in the alley and wait for Jack.

Jack walks out after me and checks out my blond hair. "You're still beautiful Alice." He says smiling.

I smile back and Jack pulls out to Tickets out of his pocket. "While I was out I bought 2 bus tickets to the farthest place from here." He says proudly.
"Where to?" I ask.
"Clearwood. It's about 1 state over!"
He says excitedly.