The get away

My hands kept burning and I couldn't raise my hand to ask if I could go to the bathroom or anything because my blue fire would show.

I slowly take my hands out of my sweatshirt and look at them under my desk. It got worse.

I throw myself out of my desk. Everyone's eyes turn to me. I could feel my heart racing and I felt like time became still. I started panting and was trying to hide my palms from everyone.

I hear gasps and murmurs all around me. My teacher opened his mouth to say something but I see his eyes dart towards my palms. His eyes opened wide and he sounded like he was gasping for air.

I started backing up away from my desk and hit the back counter. I grabbed the edge of it hoping it would make me feel like I wasn't dying.

By now the fire from my hands was almost uncontrollable and completely noticeable. My teacher started backing towards the wall phone.

I started whispering no no no no in fear. I dart as fast as I can out of the class right before I saw my teacher franticly smash the button to call someone.

I ran. I ran faster than I ever have before. Bolting through the halls and skidding around the corners. The alarms went off. A lockdown drill was happening... Because of me.

I ran for the door but it was locked. I tried opening it but wasn't calm enough to do anything else. I panicked and turned around with my back to the school doors.

A window. I saw a huge window at the end of the hall. I was practically flying down the hall and jumped.

I jump towards the window and everything when in slow motion. My feet left the ground as I shattered the glass with my body.

I Landed on the ground in the broken shards of glass. Stoping wasn't worth dying. I kept running all the way to my house.

I felt like I was flying and that my feet weren't even on the ground. I arrived at my house and pounded on the door.

"JACK! JACK LET ME IN ITS ALICE!" I screamed. Jack opens the door and I fall inside.
"what!? What happened!?" He asked scared. He had this look in his eyes that he already knew what was happening.
"The-the.. THE DREAMS ARE REAL!
I started crying as Jack grabbed me.

He put his hand over my mouth.
"Shhhh!" He said in a strange but very strong way.
"Go pack your things and all the money you have."
He moved his hand away from my mouth and wiped my tears with his thumbs.

I ran to my room and Jack ran to his.
I grabbed my old blue back pack out from my closet. I grabbed a bunch of clothes and other essentials. I dropped to the floor and crawled under my bed to my safe.

I typed In the code and opened it up. I grabbed all my money that was in my room,which was about $360.

I ran into jack's room where he was doing the exact same thing. He darted out of his room and into the kitchen, almost knocking me out of the way.

He opened up the pantry and grabbed as much food as he could carry. I grabbed a few things and shoved them in my back pack.

We both slide on our backpacks.
"Where are we going to go?" I ask.
He opened his mouth but before he can say anything we hear someone pounding on the door.

"OPEN UP THE DOOR!" A loud booming voice said on the other side of the door. Jack makes no hesitation to do anything else but grab my hand and bolts towards the back door.

"RUN!" Jack yells at me but still quite enough so the people couldn't hear us

We bolt out the back door and run into the back yard. He helps me hop the brick wall and I hit the ground. He hops over it too and helps me up off the ground.

Behind our house was a road.. That became filled with cars and other cops. We dart behind some bushes and make a run for it.

We run until we are out of sight of the cops. I start panting really hard but Jack grabs my hand and keeps pulling me foreword.

"We can't stop yet! Not yet!" He says softly. We keep running until neither of can breathe anymore.

We hide in an alleyway behind some old stores to rest. I sit down with my back to the wall and pant like crazy.

Jack hands me a water bottle and a granola bar. I grab the bottle from his hand and gulp down my water.

"Whoa!" He says taking the bottle away from me, "you have to be cautious with food and water now!"

I wipe the water that spilled off of my mouth and stand up.
"Were do we go to now?" I ask.
"There's a storm drain about a mile from here. If we can make it there by night then we should be okay. Then after that we take a bus to anywhere but here." He says pointing off into the distance.

We walk into the store next to the alley.
Jack fills up his water bottle In the fountain. I stand behind him uneasy as if I was in a horror movie.

We walk out of the store and we start walking in the direction where he pointed to earlier.

We took an bike trail to get to the storm drain. the bike paths are hardly used by anyone anymore so he thought we should be safe.

We walked in silence for a few minutes before I spoke up.
"Why didn't u tell me this would happen?"
"I- i don't know what I was thinking.." He says, "I'm sorry."
"It's okay but.. I would've been more prepared and-" I cut my self off.

It started become dark when we finally arrived at the storm drain. We were both exhausted and happy to finally get some rest.

Jack takes a flash light out of his back pack and shines it around the drain. The walls were stained and dirty and some puddles of water were on the floor but it was safe enough to stay in.

I laid down on the floor and used my backpack as a pillow. Jack laid down next to me.
"This is crazy Jack." I said softly.
"I know it is... I know."
I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.