Drunk

Warning! This chapter contains the consumption of alcoholic beverages and slightly irresponsible drinking behavior!

✨✨✨

Nova's POV

"Hey Jiminie, you still have some beers in your fridge?" Jin asks, stretching with a groan as he takes a peek out at the night sky.

"Yeah, you want to grab them with me?" Jin nods and the two go into the kitchen to fetch the beers.

My excitement for a drink doesn't go unnoticed as Taehyung leans over Namjoon to poke my cheek.

"Are you even old enough to drink missy?" Taehyung teases.

"I am! I just turned 21 a few months ago!" I smile proudly, making Hoseok coo and pinch my cheek.

"Hey, you want to drink on the patio again?" Jimin asks, carrying two cases of beer while Jin only has one. Just how much do they drink?

"Yes!" Taehyung cheers as he jumps up and runs to the door off by the kitchen.

We laugh at his enthusiasm and are quick to follow him out the door to the open patio that had wicker chairs with blue and white striped cushions. I sit in between Taehyung and Jungkook who both insisted on sitting beside me to protect me from the "perverted old men". It was easy to say that it didn't take long to receive some shocked protests.

Cans of beer were quickly passed around and I was buzzing in excitement for a taste of the bitter liquid.

"Don't get too drunk to fast, you have to see the others drunk first. It's always hilarious," Taehyung giggles as he sets his barely touched beer aside.

"You aren't gonna drink?" I ask with a tilt of my head.

"Maybe, but alcohol tastes gross," Taehyung makes a disgusted face that I have to laugh at.

"You aren't wrong."

Taehyung wasn't wrong, everyone was hilarious when they began getting a little past tipsy. Hoseok was halfway through his can of beer and he was already flushed with heat and fanning himself, claiming he was "getting hot". Jimin's features were highlighted pink as well, his cheeks a little bloated and squishy looking. Jin was making me laugh as he held his beer up with a cheer, making a satisfied expression as we all cheered with him. Jungkook's pinkened features made me coo, even more so when he tried to hide from my poking fingers. Namjoon was playfully hyping up Jin's antics, cheering and yelling with Jin, sometimes getting in a playful scuffle with him.

"Brat, drink up! I didn't give you a beer so you could just sit there and watch," Jimin's playful nature comes out as he grins at me, and I raise my beer and take a gulp in response, making the others cheer.

I let out a little cough at the burn but enjoy it as I watch the others, joining in now and then on a verbal jousting match that someone may have initiated with Jin.

"Hey, brat!" Jimin slurs with a half frown.

"Yes, Jimin?" I roll my eyes at him.

"Are you really bringing fling-" he abruptly cuts himself off with a giggle and takes another drink from his beer.

I tilt my head in confusion, not getting an answer as he is distracted by Hoseok, who had dramatically flopped over onto his lap.

"Nova," a finally drunk Taehyung sings as he leans on my shoulder with a friendly grin.

"Yes, Tae?" I can't help but smile back at him.

"Are you a night witch too?"

"Yeah- wait, too?" I frown at the word choice.

"Yeah, too," he grins and I fail to notice Jungkook's attention snap over to us. "Yoongs is a night witch too."

"Tae-" Jungkook tries to call but neither of us hears with all the racket from Jin and Jimin's bickering.

"Yoongs?" I take a sharp breath, and it doesn't go unnoticed.

"Yeah, Yoongi. You know him, don't you?" There was a hint of suspicion in his voice but nothing of malice, just curiosity.

"Taehyung," Jungkook tries again but was stopped once more when a cuddly Hoseok jumped on him, making him grunt at the sudden weight.

My chest burns from both the alcohol swirling through me and the painful burn of heartache, but I try to push it aside to learn more about who they see before I think of what I've seen.

"Yeah, I've met him a few times."

"I'm sure you'd like him, he's really nice. He's quiet and keeps to himself but once ya get to know him," Taehyung hiccups with a grin, trailing off into a mutter.

"Tae!" Jungkook's call was louder, a bit more panicked but I ignored it. I wanted more answers.

"Hm, has he dated someone before?" It was a very straight-forward question, sure, but he was drunk and probably wouldn't remember.

"A few girls here and there, flings too but never could be tied down for long. He's afraid of commitment on an intimate level, I think at least. I can't explain it, he never told me so how would I know." I hum and nod, hoping he would go on. "I think you though, you would be different, I can feel it."

I swallow the lump in my throat with a bigger drink of my beer, the contents nearing the bottom.

"I'm- I'd be different?"

He only hums as he studies me with intense eyes before nodding. "Very different."

"Taehyung!" Jungkook yells as I quickly wipe my eye, feeling the sensation of tears welling up.

Everyone stops for a second at the sudden yell from the boy, and he shyly blushes under the sudden attention.

"Sorry, go on," he mutters and almost everyone drifts back into their conversation as Jungkook gets up and grabs Taehyung's arm, dragging him onto the other side of Jungkook's chair so I would only be by Jungkook.

I take a deep breath, trying to calm myself as I down the last of my beer, making eye contact with a curious, but worried, Jimin as he watched me.

"You just gonna sit there or are you going to pass me another," I shoot at him, making his eyes narrow at me.

"Not sure I want to now, you brat," he shoots back.

I get up and snatch a beer from beside him, a little stumble in my step at the sudden and fast movement.

"Be careful, you're still injured," he mutters as I fall back into my seat.

"And still stubborn," I grin as I take a deep swig in hopes that my heartache would be washed away under the warm fuzz.

A/N: Drink responsibly and when you are of legal age! Do not attempt to drink away emotional pain or stress, that can lead you down a very dangerous path.

Anyway, I'm messing around with new story ideas already because I can't focus on one story like the dumbo that I am. I'm aiming for another fantasy story because they're fun but I can't decide what mythological entities the members would be. And then there's the whole plot aspect which I fail to create every time. Big frustration, might just make it a shorter story instead of like a kazillion chapters lol.

If you had to decide what mythological entities each member would be, what would you pick?

Take care lovelies! Love you!

- Kari