Not Your Master

✨✨✨

Brat's POV

"I am no longer your Master," his voice was colder than the biting waves the Sea Witch used to attack me the previous night.

I press my forehead even harder against the cave floor, ignoring the pebbles that pressed into my flesh. I ignore him as well and stay in the bow despite the pain and the blood slowly dripping from my side. The lighting in the cave flickers, the drastic repeated change in lighting sending shivers down my spine but I don't move.

"Are you deaf? I said I'm no longer your Master. Do you remember? Those damned stars are your masters now."

I stiffen at his words, taking a deep breath to try to keep my calm, allowing my fingers to unclench as I sit myself up. My side screams in protest, the flesh of my cut pulling, making me wince in pain. Then I make eye contact with his dark, angry eyes.

The cave went black. I heard the Sea Witch curse in a panic but my old Master stayed silent.

"Your tricks are getting old my little star," he chuckles humorlessly.

My chest burns at the sound of the familiar calling and the darkness fills my lungs as I let my anger begin to get the better of me. I hear the Sea Witch cough and gasp, beating his chest as if something got caught in his throat. I feel a smile curl my lips as my old Master's attention is diverted.

"Jimin! Shit, I forgot, I'm sorry," I hear his hesitant footsteps as he tries to find Jimin.

"Oh Master, it seems you almost forgot about me too," I laugh, feeling the dark fill every inch of my lungs and tears burned my eyes.

"No mercy. He mocked us and the fact that we can communicate. He acted like we were nothing, nothing but a fool."

Then I hear him cough and gasp for a second as if startled by the increase of darkness filling his lungs.

"Trust me my little Nova, I didn't. I just wasn't worried," he says so casually that it felt like I had been stabbed.

I snapped. I didn't snap in the typical, blow up and snap necks and watch every last drop of blood drain from their bodies. No, that would be too easy.

I simply set up an illusion. At least to start off with, but only he and I would be able to see. I pulled back the darkness from the air, only so the Sea Witch could breathe again though.

"My little Nova, your games don't amuse me anymore," his growl was angry as he stared at our old training grounds.

"What do you mean Master? You seemed to love my little games a few weeks ago," the smile that curled my lips was unstoppable as I watched him try not to squirm at the illusion.

Meanwhile, Jimin only stared at both Master and me in utter confusion.

"Yoo-" I cover his mouth with my hand, stopping him from speaking.

"I wouldn't get involved with this one, little Sea Witch. Don't you want to know what happened?" I whispered in his ear, my lips barely brushing over the skin of his earlobe as I pulled away.

"Nova, not now!" He yelled, making the Sea Witch jump, his eyes widen with surprise. He looks at me as if to check to see if this is what I expected or if I was used to this. I gave him no answer, but maybe that was enough of an answer as is.

"Why Master, if not now, when? Maybe later when we're alone?"

"No mercy Nova. Send out our darkness too, just around him," whispers tickle my ears suggestively. And I do exactly that.

Master continued to squirm with discomfort as he coughed around the dark cloud that surrounded him.

"Do you remember Master? Do you not remember or, or do you just not care?" I tried to keep my voice calm and steady with anger but the underlying sadness broke through.

His stiff posture relaxed slightly at the sound of my weakness and I cursed myself, blaming it on the blood loss that was making me dizzy and feel faint.

"I do remember my little Nova. I remember and I care," his hand naturally draws up to his throat, uncomfortable with the little oxygen he was getting.

"Hmm, cute lies," I hum, feeling a tear making its way down my face.

"Nova, I promise it isn't... Let me show you."

I can't help the loud laughter that leaves my lips, the twisted sound not even sounding like me anymore.

"Really now? Show me and then call me a fool, kick me out with almost nothing? Nice try, I'm not the same little fool I was two weeks ago."

Maybe it was from the laughter, the tears or just the damn blood loss but I let the illusion drop and I cast the darkness out from his lungs. I just gave up on my revenge. I also, apparently, decided to give up on being conscious, leaving the last thing I see is my Master's dark eyes trace me over like the same damned night I reminded him of in the illusion.

A/N: Mumbo jumbo, I don't what to say lol. I'm going to try to keep cranking out some chapters right after I finish editing. I have around 6 chapters sitting and waiting to be edited, so those will come out whenever I finish editing them!

I'm going to aim to update every other week maybe. Still thinking things through so I'll update my schedule at the beginning of the book.

Thoughts, feelings, theories maybe even?

- Kari :)