"Yeah, I guess but all the better for me."

"Did she use illusions to try and mess you up?"

"Yeah, how'd you know?" I raise an eyebrow as I stare at him.

"Just a guess," he mumbles.

I only frown at him for a second before shrugging it off and talking about something else.

"Brat's" POV

I grit my teeth as I pant hard, the air seemingly refusing to get in my lungs. I could feel my body trembling in pain as I tried to sit up against the cold stone wall, which could do nothing to soothe my pain. A sharp pain jabbed at the right side of my ribs, making me cry out as tears flooded my eyes. Gasping for air, I went to check on the area that the pain came from.

I try not to scream from frustration as I see the purplish-black bruised skin covering the whole right side of my ribs and a shallow cut that covered the surface of two ribs.

"Stupid Sea Witch," I babishly curse as I stare at my bag on the other side of the cove in agony.

I look back down at the cut that's bleeding, which was bleeding a little too much for my liking.

"Young Witch!" An annoying voice shrieks as hard flapping appears.

I look and see the seagull that's visited me a lot in the past few days and drop my shirt quickly, in a poor attempt to hide my wounds.

"What now?" I hiss.

"You're hurt! Really hurt, what happened?"

"Thanks, Captain Obvious, your stupid friend is what happened. He decided to duel me and this happened. Stupid Sea Witch," I hiss as another stabbing pain hits my side and to my annoyance, tears slipped down my cheeks.

"I'll go get him, I can't help you," he says quickly.

"Wait! Don't!" I cry helplessly as he takes off out of the cove.

"Stupid Sea Witch's" POV

Yoongi had finally relaxed when I heard wings flapping and a squawk.

"Sea Witch!" A voice I didn't want to hear at the moment yelled in a panic.

"What is it now?" I groan as I turn to the frantic looking bird.

"The Young Witch, the Witch of Night!" He blabbers over and over as he hops foot to foot with his wings raised in the air ready to take off.

"What about her?" Yoongi speaks up to my surprise.

"She's hurt! She's hurt bad and I think she might be bleeding out in the cove!"

I furrow my brows as I remember the illusion and the words she told me the night before.

I turned around to see her limp against the rock floor of the cove, a few feet away from where we stood at a standstill originally. I was going to leave her alone until I heard a headache-inducing squawk.

"You idiot!"

I watch as the annoying seagull swoops down to the girl, nudging her and jumping on her to find there was no response.

"Sea Witch, fighting is useless and will only cause harm. I'm sure you already saw," her eyes no longer burned with coldness, instead it was strangely soft as if she was simply giving up.

I sigh as I stand up, unwillingly deciding to take responsibility. Why do I feel guilty so easily?

"I'm sorry Yoongi, I should take this," I sigh as I look sadly down at my friend.

"It's fine Jimin, I'll come with you and help," he insists as he stands up.

I only nod my head, knowing I couldn't stop him even if I wanted to. We leave my cottage and follow the seagull that was frantic to get us to move faster. We quickly run into the cove as the bird lead us deep into the stone structure. We stutter to a stop when we see her, panting hard as she was pushed up in a sitting position against the wall. Her face was red, with what I can assume to be a fever, and dribbled with sweat. My alarm was raised when I noticed her red hand that was pressed against her ribs.

She opened her eyes, revealing her black eyes that had dulled and become slightly glossed over. Her eyes focused behind me and to my surprise, she grits her teeth as she rolled onto her knees and squared herself up with us. She bent over, only letting out a wince, and placed her hands and forehead to the ground in a bow.

"It's an honor to see you again, Master."

A/N: Well hello there, I have two questions. Formal author notes or no? And then should I post a notification on my board when I update or have any updates regarding this book?

Just checking in to see how you are feeling about the story here :). 

I hope y'all are staying safe and happy!

- Kari :)