★CHAPTER TWELVE|JUST A FLESH WOUND★

"Keep your eyes sharp, " Changkyun commands.

He has yet to let go of Tori's hand, and despite his bravado, she can tell that he is shaken.

"What do we do now?"

Tori questions softly. She isn't sure if it's entirely safe to speak, with the way that Jooheon and Minhyuk vanished, it seems as they might have been taken. Of course, the implications of this are mind boggling. Especially given the fact that they've yet to run into a single other sentient being aside from themselves. Just imagining that there is something here, something that knew they were here though Tori and the crew had not, gives her the shivers.

It's creepy to think that they might be watching, even now.

She reasons that if they were, her and Changkyun would likely be within the very same clutches that most probably hold Jooheon and Minhyuk now. That they were left behind bespeaks either a mistake, or wicked intelligence. And Tori so very badly wants to believe in the former.

"Minhyuk said we were looking for a cave entrance, " Changkyun replies steadily. The beat of his heart as it thuds wildly against his chest reveals his nervousness, however.

"He did..." Tori trails off.

"I say we look for it. Press ahead." Changkyun insists.

He clenches her wrist just a tad tighter as he begins to walk. From this angle, all she can see is the firm and determined set of his jaw. He seems almost angry.

"But what about Jooheon, and Minhyuk?" Tori counters, pulling back to encourage Changkyun to stop. "We need to find them!"

"Tori, please." Changkyun pleads, stopping in his tracks. "I want to find Jooheon as much as you do. Maybe more. But we can't. It isn't safe."

He turns around, and Tori sees that he is devastated.

In truth, Changkyun wants to go after Jooheon too. The pyrokinetic is his best friend, and the whole reason he'd joined this expedition was to keep Jooheon safe, keep him from doing anything stupid. It burns that he can't do anything, but he's not strong enough, and capable as Tori might be he is worried that it would be far too much for her to handle.

"The two of them were abducted, " Changkyun murmurs, his voice a harsh contrast to it's previous harshness. "They had to have been."

"I'm not disagreeing with you, " Tori insists, "but I think that's all the more reason we should go after them..."

Changkyun bites at his bottom lip. In truth, he can't say that he doesn't want to. But Prime damn it all, he's stuck between a rock and a hard place. He absolutely refuses to put Tori in a rescue situation. It's no diss to her skills, it just isn't the kind of situation she can solo. He'd be helpless, dead weight to her and, of course, this all before taking into account the fact that they know nothing about the opposing side.

They know very little about the planet itself, nevermind it's people. For clearly, if Jooheon and Minhyuk were really abducted, then there must be people. And even his abilities, normally beyond helpful in sensing the presence of others, are blissfully silent. The only thoughts besides his own that he can hear are Tori's, and her mind has become something akin to a second home for him. Her thoughts are not invasive.

"Jooheon and Minhyuk are more than capable, " he reiterates, teeth clenched.

You'd better not die Jooheon! Don't let me down!