★CHAPTER SEVEN|DEATH BOTS★

"What are these things?!"

Jooheon's rather distressed question echoes through the hall that the exploration team finds themselves fleeing through. He's holding up the rear, turning back to toss the occasional fireball at their pursuers. He'd quickly discovered that his gun was useless against them after they'd so rudely popped out of the walls themselves. Not that his pyromancy seems to be that much more effective.

"Intruder deterrents!" Minhyuk shouts breathlessly.

"No, " Changkyun retorts, just as winded, "I thought they were the kitchen staff!"

Funny how the telepath can barely breathe, and yet he still manages to find the energy to be snarky.

"With those knives for hands, I can maybe see how you might have thought that, " Minhyuk banters playfully.

Sarcasm is supposed to be his thing. He's not about to be one-upped by the brat.

"Less talking, more running!" Jooheon yells. "The two of you can compare dick sizes later! After we escape from the angry robots with swords for hands and damned laser cannons on their shoulders!"

 "The two of you can compare dick sizes later! After we escape from the angry robots with swords for hands and damned laser cannons on their shoulders!"

Wonho rushes to the CNC, distressed by the captain's abrupt command for a status update. He'd specifically summoned the mechanic, with clear orders that he report in person. Combined with the fact that Tori has still yet to return, the sirens blaring just outside, and the nervous energy rolling around in his gut, Wonho is a mess. He doesn't know how he knows it, but something is definitely wrong.

When the elevator door opens, he is greeted by several worried faces. The dread he is already feeling intensifies, as the looks on their faces confirms his uneasy suspicions.

"Where's Tori?" He demands, panic rising as Kihyun replies.

"We don't know. Neither she, nor the exploration team have made it back yet. The facility's power is back online, but now not even the comm devices are working."

"We've been trying to raise the exploration crew for the last few minutes, but all we're getting is static." Shownu explains. "How's the ship? Is the Denali ready for flight?"

Wonho nods reluctantly. Surely the captain doesn't intend to leave the others behind?

"She'll make it to the next port, but no further."

"That's all we need, " Shownu replies.

His face is grim, and Wonho begins to fear the worst.

"You're not intending to leave them behind, are you?"

"Of course not!" Kihyun retorts, jumping in to assure Wonho despite the captain's lack of response.

"Let me go and find them, " the mechanic pleads, "I'll bring them back safely. I swear it."

Nodding, Shownu replies.

"Permission granted. Kihyun and I will go with you."

"And what about me?" Hyungwon questions.