★CHAPTER TEN|JOINING THE EXPLORATION TEAM★

"We got everything we needed though?"

Kihyun nods to Shownu, face sombre. Really, it's incredibly lucky that the crew wasn't forced to endure the same situation that Minhyuk had foisted upon them before because Kihyun isn't sure that Jooheon would be quite as easily forgiven. As it is, after the pyrokinetic unexpectedly exploded at Changkyun, everyone's been a little too on edge to approach him.

The telepath has been taking it the hardest, Jooheon's sudden outburst. He'd assumed that his friend was just pulling a mischievous prank, and that his thoughtlessness was the problem. But, apparently, Jooheon's little stunt was about something deeper, something excessively traumatizing by the telepath's reckoning.

"Do you want me to scold Jooheon?"

Shownu waves Kihyun's question away.

"No. I don't think that'll be necessary." He replies. "After all, Changkyun already did that for us."

"So, " Tori speaks up, "where to next?"

The crew of the Denali is gathered once more around the CNC's table, each silent and withdrawn. By now, everyone has heard of Jooheon's stunt, and the resulting spat between the pyrokinetic and Changkyun. The air is tense, and it feels like everyone is walking on eggshells. It makes Tori feel uneasy, seeing the group like this.

"Actually, " Minhyuk meekly raises his hand, "I might have an idea about that."

Several pairs of eyes settle upon the technopath as he explains.

"While we were on Nasqui, I picked up a little bit of info from one of my old contacts. He claimed that he's seen strange symbols in a wreckage that he raided near a planet not too far from Nasqui."

"Did he tell you the name of this planet by any chance?" Shownu questions warily.

P'taraen's are well known scavengers, so it is possible that the creature might have been telling the truth. However, the tiny bat-like creatures are also well known for their greed and dishonesty. Normally, for the right amount of credits, a P'taraen might be convinced to be a little more honest. But Shownu doesn't understand why any of the creatures would so willingly sell such information, and risk someone else finding their precious salvage.

"Apparently, " Minhyuk elaborates, "the planet doesn't have a name. But he did mention that it's the only nearby planet, so it shouldn't be hard to find."

Rising from her seat, Tori rounds the table and comes to a halt before the navigational console. With ease, she pulls up the holo-map and zooms in on their current position. There, displayed for all to see, is the artificial planet Nasqui. They've drifted just out of reach of Nasqui's orbit. Considering that the black market world doesn't have a space fleet, Shownu had deemed it relatively safe to hover nearby.

Surprisingly enough, Minhyuk's informant's words ring true. When Tori adjusts the map, zooming out just a tad, the holo-map displays another planet. It is unnamed, and apparently uncharted, but it is there. The ship's radar system also seems to sense a few scattered wreckages just outside the planet's gravitational pull, lending a small amount of credence to Minhyuk's information.