A Trap Into Slow Painful Death

Recommended by Sabella14

Tina's Pov

I didn't know what to do in that moment.

My eyes and heart froze to what I was looking at.

Queenie joined him.

The guy we were fighting against.

I turned to my right and I saw Newt's eyes already on me. I looked back and forth from Queenie to Newt.

Suddenly, something seemed to draw in him and he looked at me begging. He tried to take a cautious step towards me but I run towards the fire. Easily passing threw it and running towards Queenie.

"Tina." I heard Newt shout after me as he run after me.

"You have to come with us, Queenie. We are all here." I said as I tried to snap her out of it.

"My Tinnie. I am already where I am supposed to. People finally stop seeing me as crazy or weird. Isn't that right, Jacob?" said Queenie as she looked at Jacob.

What I didn't notice until then was Newt's brother holding Newt back as he looked at me with fear in his eyes.

"Queenie.... Come now." said Jacob as he aprroached us.

Then, a spell was heard.

Bombarda

I managed to barely make it alive. When I turned to look all three of them were gone.

So, was any sort of light that we had.

"Lumos." I said as I tried to take in my surroundings.

Leta was nowhere to be seen.

Theseus was sobbing on the steps.

Dumbledore was sitting next to him, whispering something.

Jacob was standing looking down so I pointed my wand to what he was looking at.

Newt was bleeding on the ground.

I quickly run towards him and asked for Dumbledore to use his deluminator. As if I didn't know he had one of those.

He did what he was told. Apparently, he was the one who got rid of the light. Because, if I knew the history right. Well, barely history. For the deluminator to work. He had to get rid of the light in the first place.

I run towards Newt who had an open wood. On his stomach as he pleaded for the pain to go away with tears streaming down his eyes.

I didn't know what to do. It was like my mind went blank in a moment of crisis.

"Tina?" I heard him whimper and I got a hold of his hand as I smiled down at him.

"Porpetina but yeah." I said with a sad laugh.

"You are okay. You are okay?" said Newt repeatedly.

I looked at him with sad eyes as I felt my eyes starting to water.

"I am okay. But, you're not." I said and he nodded.

"How did you get injured? You were far from us."

"How do you think you made it?" asked Dumbeldore from the steps.

My eyes widen as I realized that he run into the fire to save me.

There was no other explanation. But, wasn't Theseus holding him back or something?

The book.

I opened his book, trying to find what kind of creature could help.

A Phoenix.

It has to power to heal through its tears.

I opened the case and went inside. Kind of scared since I don't know what kind of creatures could be waiting for me.

As I was walking trying to not myself visible I came across a Phoenix. It had piercing brown eyea d bright blue claws and orange-red feathers, with an impressively long tail, much like a bird-of-paradise.

It seamed to be aware of my situation since it came towards me and as I turned around to walk away it followed me.

When, I got out of the case. What I didn't see was a little bowtruckle following me too and quickly going towards Newt.

Then, I heard a niffler from the case. I supposed it was that since I heard a lot of noises which only meant something he must of stolen.

Thr Phoenix cried on Newt and before I knew it. His wood started to heal.

Suddenly, Newt's pale exterior started to get more colour. But, what really surprised me was that the Phoenix looked around in curiosity. As if it was looking for something.

When, it froze I looked at what he was looking at and it was Dumbledore who was looking back at it with the same curiosity. It was as if they had some sort of understanding. That we didn't since we had no idea what was going on. I looked at Newt who sat up and surprisingly looked at his wound. Then, I looked at Theseus sobbing again not knowing that I was actually looking at him with sadness in my eyes. Having no idea what to do to make everything better. I simply looked around painfully.

Then, Newt laughed as he looked around.

"Why are you laughing?" asked Theseus.

"I expected all of this to go way worst than it did." said Newt and I nodded.

"Queenie is going to be alright, Jacob." said Tina as she looked at him.

For the time being we all sat in circle and the Phoenix stayed there looking at us. The niffler got out of the case and sat on Newt's lap..

Pickett came and sat on my hand as she looked at my eyes with a smile.

I nodded and then some light appeared and the Phoenix disappeared.

I yelped in surprise.

Newt told us to wait.

The Phoenix was now a little one. It was like it was back to being a chick.

If that wasn't beautiful then I don't want to know anyone's version of it. I guess there can be a even a little source of light, if we start looking for it. I took a deep breath, trying to hold in my cries when Newt sadly looked at me and smiled softly.

I nodded as I understood what it meant.

Nothing else will go as planned, but we will all be okay in that.