Fantastic Beasts And The Third Tear

Requested by Ilseax

Newt's POV

It has been a while since Grindelwald took Queenie and Credence on his side.

Since the death of my dearest friend Leta Lestrange.

Theseus is horribly. He barely eats and drinks. Wait, no he does drink. But, all he drinks is firewhiskey.

He comes home drunk everyday.

Then, he cries his eyes out.

But, that didn't stop him from working at the Ministry of Magic.

His work is still really good.

But, he seeks revenge.

He is a bit dangerous and his heart is completely destroyed.

Jacob on the other hand is worst.

He blames himself for being a muggle everyday and doesn't sleep.

Instead he reads Queenie's diary which he found a few days ago and cries his eyes out.

I hear his sobbing from my case.

He is trying to make himself busy all the time.

Helping with the beasts or baking.

Now, Tina the worst of all.

I don't mean as a person.

Or because she is always upset.

Or because she doesn't sleep.

She is the worst of all because she pretends that it didn't happen, always working and trying to stop living life.

When she doesn't work, she helps me with the beasts.

I tried to approach her and talk to her, but she simply leaves and goes to the kitchen to solve another case or read something.

The bowtruckle didn't leave her side since what happened and the niffler didn't try to run away once.

It always gets out of the case, but by the morning. I find it sleeping next to Tina. Whilst, the bowtruckle sleeps in her breast pocket.

I didn't know what to do.

Macusa tried to give her a few days to calm down, but she went to work the next day, saying that there wasn't a minute to lose and a war was coming and she needed to be prepared at all times.

Today wasn't any different.

2nd of June 1935

"No. Help me. Please. Leave her. Take me instead." I heard from my room a small voice begging.

"Is that Tina?"

Jacob woke up too.

I quickly got to my feet and put my shoes on as I left my room.

I took a quick glance in the living room and Theseus wasn't home yet.

"Teenie?" I whispered as I knocked on the door quietly.

"I'm sorry. Please don't. Queenie? Where are you? No. She is my sister. Don't touch her. Credence. Dear I have been so worried. He is lying."

Tina was mumbling with so much hurt and hope that you could've mistaken for what she truly was.

Then, the living room door opened and I prepared myself for a drunk Theseus.

But, that scenario didn't happen.

Instead, he saw me standing outside of Tina's door and looked at me worried.

"Is she quite alright?" asked Theseus as he followed me inside.

"I'm not sure." I said quietly as I caress her cheek.

Then, her breathing started to get heavier.

Jacob joined us with a sleepy frown and sat next to me.

Theseus kneeled between us on the ground. While, we were sitting on the bed. Jacob quickly sat on the ground as well, but I stayed still as my pajamas started to get soaked from her tears.

Suddenly, she woke up and sat up, breathing heavily.

I put my hand on her back and she turned around sharply as she wiped her tears, hoping that she wasn't seen vulnerable.

"I'm fine." said Tina with a smile.

That fake smile.

I came across it so much that I forgot what her real one was like.

"It's okay, not to be alright." said Theseus for the first time in forever in a non drunk tone.

"We know it's difficult." continued Jacob and Tina nodded as the tears started to fall. From her eyes. Those salamanders eyes.

"I'm tired." mumbled Tina.

"So, are we." I said as I opened my arms, feeling a bit awkward to hug her without her wanting to.

But, I was wrong.

The next thing that happened were her arms tightly wrapping around me.

"I want a hug too." said Jacob as he joined us.

Theseus rolled his eyes but hugged us too.

Making us fall over and laugh.

We all laid next to each other and we smiled.

I looked at Tina and for the first time in a long while.

She shined...

It was real.