The Undelivered Letter - Part 3 (Last One)

Tina's POV

"... Well, I think it's clarified that I'm not engaged." said Newt, awkwardly.

"Yes... I'm sorry that I jumped into conclusions like that." I said with a faint blush on my cheeks.

"It's alright..." said Newt as he stared at everyone and everything but me.

"So..."

"Well-"

"Guys, the carnival is starting let's go." said Queenie as she run towards us.

'Are you kidding me, Queenie?' I thought and Queenie looked at me confused.

"Oh... You know what? Why don't you guys relax for a little bit and join us later?" said Queenie as she slowly took steps backwards.

"You said-"

"We all say silly things, Newt." said Queenie and before I knew it, she was gone.

"I think it's best we go." I said as I went to leave but Newt held my wrist in a gentle but firm way.

"C-Can we talk?" asked Newt and I turned around confused.

"We need to save Credence."

"It will only take a minute."

I walked back towards him and I nodded waiting for him to speak.

"Me and Leta are school... Well, we used to be close friends. For many reasons, that I'm not going to bore you with right now. Anyways, it was a long time ago and now she is engaged to my older brother. I know that you're probably wondering about her picture in my case but... " said Newt quickly as he let go of my wrist and went to open his case.

As soon as he did. My eyes widen.

"T-That's..."

"Yes, a picture of you." said Newt as he looked at the picture with a small smile.

"You..."

"I don't know. I mean. I know that from your annoying 'case'. We became good friends, but what happens next it's completely up to you. I'm not the kind of person to rush into anything. I mean I let you decide. That's the right thing. I wouldn't want to tell you something and have you agree with me, because you pity me or the situation. I have my creatures and I know how to act towards them, but this is brand new for me. It's kind of weird. Maybe-"

"I like you too, Newt." I said with a chuckle.

"Oh. In that case. I kind of like you..... 8 mean if that wasn't obvious. What happens now, I -"

"Let's fight Grindelwald and then we can talk." I said with a smile.

"I'd like that." said Newt as he hesitantly put my hand in his.

"Shall we?" I asked and I looked at his eyes and they were brighter than ever.

"We shall, Miss Goldstein." said Newt as he quickly kissed my forehead and we started for the carnival.