Sebastian's eyes lit up with amusement as he gave me a slow nod. He got out of the car and handed the key to the valet standing outside. I blinked in surprise as another man opened the door for me.

I stepped out of the car, still a little dazed.

"This is one of the finest restaurants in the world," I murmured as I took Sebastian's outstretched hand. He just gave me a small smile and led me inside.

My eyes scanned the place in awe.

The ceiling was dome-shaped and was painted with intricate designs. There were delicate patterns carved into the walls and beautiful chandeliers hung overhead illuminating the place with a gentle orange glow. The tables were round with white tablecloths draped over them and a single flickering candle sat in the center of each.

I looked down at my casual outfit, my cheeks flushed slightly with embarrassment. My eyes wandered to Sebastian who was wearing a plain white T-shirt with jeans himself.

"We're not dressed to eat at a place like this," I murmured uneasily.

His smile suddenly widened. "We're not here to eat."

I felt a pang of disappointment in my heart. My eyebrows drew together in confusion.

"Why exactly are we here?" I asked.

He didn't answer me, he just tugged at my hand and led me towards the back of the restaurant till we reached a closed wooden door. He knocked once.

The door flung open.

At once I was assaulted with a wide array of delicious smells.

A stern-looking middle-aged man stood in front of us. He had greying hair and wore a crisp white chef's jacket. Behind him, I could see people scurrying around busily in a huge kitchen.

"Angelica." Sebastian turned to me. "This is Antonio Viviani, head chef of this restaurant."

I felt the breath leave my lungs.

I was standing in front of a cooking legend. One of the best chefs in the country.

"H-hi Sir. It's an honor to meet you." I sputtered.

Antonio did not seem impressed, his expression was completely impassive as he studied me.

His wary eyes went to Sebastian. "The only reason I'm doing this is because you're Ellie's brother-in-law."

Sebastian gave him a smirk.

"Doing what?" I asked incredulously.

"You're going to be my apprentice for the next couple of hours." Antonio retorted, almost begrudgingly.

"What?!" I nearly screamed.

Oh. My. God.

Oh

My

God

My eyes met with Sebastian and he gave me a silent nod confirming that what the man had said was true.

"Do you know how to make a meringue?" Antonia demanded.

"Um-?" I stuttered.

"Risotto?" He asked.

I could feel my face heating in embarrassment.

Of course, I'd heard of these dishes and read about them in cookbooks but I'd never really made them.

"I'm a quick learner." I finally answered, trying my best to sound confident.

Antonio let out an exasperated sigh. "We have a long way to go, kid." He motioned for me to step inside the kitchen and I hurried inside.