𝟎𝟎𝟓. 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

Start from the beginning

natalia walked upstairs and knocked on leslies door. she heard someone getting up from the bed and heard footsteps nearing towards the door. the door opened to a messy haired kairi. months later and he still has that mop on his head.

"mom made menudo and pozole." natalia informed him.

"okay, thank you." kairi nodded, natalia walking away from their room and to her room. she opened the door to see ivy on her phone, a soft smile appearing on the girls face.

"i couldn't go home as drunk as i was, my parents would've beat my ass." ivy explained, laughter escaping both girls as natalia walked into the room.

"my mom made menudo and pozole, if you want some." natalia smiled, grabbing her phone and walking downstairs. ivy followed her and the two girls walked into the kitchen where catherine and alvaro were already eating.

"ya'll are some fat asses, dead ass." natalia laughed as she watched the two eat their food. catherine ate menudo and alvaro are pozole. catherine was more of a menudo over pozole type girl, natalia was too. everyone else preferred pozole, natalia couldn't understand why.

when they were done eating, natalia grabbed the bowls that were dirty and stacked them on top of one another so there would be room on the counters. everyone returned to the living room, the giggles of william could be heard along with small coo's from kairi. he loved william with all his heart, and it made natalia the softest ever when she saw kairi and william together.

natalia put dish soap in the sink and plugged it so she could feel it up with warm water. when the sink was filled up, she turned the water off and let the bowls sit in the water.

"need help doing the dishes?" alvaro asked, standing next to her. natalia shook her head and started washing them. alvaro was watching natalia wash the dishes, wanting to say something about what he heard but he didn't know if she was okay enough to talk about it.

"natalia," alvaro started.

"i know you heard everything." natalia focused her attention on the dishes. alvaro frowned at the sudden mood change, natalia trying her best to maintain a smile on her face. but even a child could tell her smile wasn't genuine.

"the last thing you deserved was that heartbreak, nati." alvaro began.

"i feel dumb for still not being properly healed after a whole year, alvaro." natalia sighed and shook her head at the self-love she lacked.

"nati, we were kids and only a fool could be blind to how in love you and alejandro were." alvaro told her, shaking his head as he reflected on the way alejandro and natalia use to look at each other. alvaro was always observant and their relationship was definitely something he was invested in. he would always urge alejandro to ask her out, but alejandro never believed alvaro when he would say that natalia liked him too. "there is no time limit to healing, nati."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

natalia and ivy walked into catherine's house, greeting her parents and then making their way towards the backyard. this is exactly what they did all summer last year, they were constantly at catherine's house because she had a pool.

catherine's parents were happy when they seen catherine was bringing friends home. they knew their daughter wasn't always social, and they never understood why. she was so beautiful and sweet, it was weird to them how making friends worked nowadays.