42(EDITED)~Christmas

~Piper~

Boxing Day was going really well, it started snowing so we went and had a massive snowball fight-well more like a war.

The teams were girls vs boys and we all built massive snow forts and guarded them.

Naturally, the boys who had three children of the big three, a flame thrower and a shapeshifter won. But it was only a friendly, Annabeth did give Kelp Head a runaround when he covered her in snow, which kept us all amused for quite a long time.

All in all, we had a brilliant morning.

But that all changed when we went for lunch. It started well. But then a student whom I had never seen before settled down beside us and began asking lots of questions about us and demigods. We answered them, mostly truthfully.

The ceiling of the Great Hall showed a blue sky, which according to the wizards was odd for England in December. But suddenly thunder clapped and lightning cut across the now grey sky.

"PERSEUS JACKSON!" A deep male voice boomed, "SHOW YOURSELF!" Percy and Annabeth exchanged a look, looks of fear crossed both of their faces, it remained on Annabeth, but Percy set his jaw.

"I COULD SAY THE SAME TO YOU TARTARUS!" Percy stood from the table.

"Percy don't patronise him," Annabeth hissed.

"Ah young Perseus, I do not want to show myself," Tartarus chuckled, "now I will offer you A choice, come with me now, and bring that other one. Annabeth was her name? Otherwise, I will destroy this good for nothing school."

Percy sat back down beside Annabeth, "Can we have a moment?" He asked.

"Yes, but any more than that and I will not hesitate to destroy all that I see," Tartarus jeered.

Annabeth took Percy's hand and squeezed it.

"Perce you don't always have to do the noble thing, we're willing to fight, say no," Jason told him, it almost sounded like an order

"I-I just can't let him," Percy said, we all knew what he meant.

"Seaweed Brain, if you go, I'm coming with you, you know that right?" Annabeth told him, Percy nodded.

"What shall we do then Wise Girl?" He asked her.

"I think we should go, we can't just let him destroy the school," she smiled weakly, trying to hide her fear. Percy nodded again and stood up, still with Annabeth's hand in his.

"OK!" He yelled, "we'll come, but only if you swear on the River Styx that you will leave this school and everyone in it alone!"

"Very well little Demigods," Tartarus chuckled, a strange mist seeped in through the open doors to the hall and it surrounded Percy and Annabeth, it was so thick that I could no longer see either of them, by the time it dissipated, they were long gone.