[ 🧨²⁰ ] confrontation.

he walked along with the group, heading outside for their sports time.

poor mr. jackson was trying to get the students to go inside and get changed for gym, though it seemed impossible. but mr. jackson seemed dead set on getting them inside, which didn't happen until yeonjun walked out, keeping his eyes trained on the ground from embarrassment.

"i didn't go through eight extra years of school just for you brats to disrespect me like this," mr. jackson was, for the first time anyone had ever seen, angry. "do i need to go get mr. brian?!"

now everyone filed into the locker room obediently, and yeonjun continued to walk along with his loud and large group of people.

they hung out together for most of the period; since the soccer season was over, there was not much for them to do.

yeonjun was tightly clinging to soobin, giddy with happiness as he witnessed the others confront soobin about rumors and having soobin actually confess the truth.

now their friends actually knew he and soobin were dating.

apparently there was one rumor going around that yeonjun had forced soobin into a relationship, especially since soobin was known for being quiet and shy, not at all likely to have one.

(this made soobin protest and insist that he was so likely to indeed have a relationship.)

all throughout this, some got up in two's and three's to hang out somewhere else, or to walk around on their own, though quite a few stayed.

soobin felt happy in a big group, proud of himself for managing to create so many friendships in the span of the school year, and thankful that so many people supported them.

they even attempted to include yeonjun in their conversations, though yeonjun had spent most of the year keeping to himself and not going out of his way to make friends.

that beautiful happiness was interrupted when a basketball flew into their group, catching the side of seungmin's face, who was sitting to yeonjun's left. the boy let out a yelp of surprise, clutching his face as he fell over, and several of his friends clambered over to see what happened.

hyunjin flew up and grabbed the basketball from the ground, the look of a madman on his face. "what the shit?! oh hell no!" he quickly stepped through the obstacles in his way and headed straight in the direction from which the ball had come.

yeonjun asked the boy if he was okay. seungmin joked, "there's those amazing goalie reflexes we all know i have, huh?"

"mong, don't joke like that when you're hurt," changbin interjected angrily. he and a few of their friends were both trying to give him space and also worriedly make sure he was okay.

several others stood up along with hyunjin, especially when they noticed wonwoo and a few other basketball players had been the ones to throw the ball.

"oh, so you wanna fight," jongho called out, starting to walk over.

wonwoo shrugged, grinning. "my bad, y'all. i was aiming for the other one."

soobin started to get up, but yeonjun grabbed his arm fiercely, insisting, "no! just sit down. they've got it."

"but-" soobin tried to protest.

"if they get into a fight, i don't want you to get hurt," yeonjun pleaded, then added with a tiny smile, as if trying to lighten the mood, "or worse, expelled."

soobin rolled his eyes and sat down, watching as the exchange started to escalate.

chris insisted, "guys, there's no need to fight. i'd just appreciate it if you apologized to seungmin, and left yeonjun alone."