[ 🌈⁸ ] soccer boys will be soccer boys.

yeonjun and soobin currently had their chairs close together, close enough so that they could hold hands under the table and not look strange to the others.

their evening was going great - they had just won a game, soobin kept getting compliments from the others, and they were off school campus for a celebratory dinner. but, of course, something always had to ruin things.

minho then asked, "so, hey, soobin? what's this we're all hearing about some girl named june leaving you notes?"

soobin felt yeonjun freeze up next to him. his grip tightened and began to feel sweaty.

"uh, wow.." soobin had no idea what to say. "news really travels fast, huh?" he let go of yeonjun's hand and scratched his own ear nervously.

lucas pointed with his fork. "yeonjun says he saw her, huh?"

soobin looked at yeonjun accusingly. he raised his eyebrows and blinked furiously. "oh, really, yeonjun? you saw her?"

he purposefully put emphasis on the "jun" of yeonjun's name, blatantly showing why saying that he'd seen "june" was a bad idea.

yeonjun cleared his throat and explained, "well, see, i saw that she had left soobin something, and since i'm a nosy ass bitch, i wanted to check it out... which is when lucas came in and saw me going through soobin's locker."

in the simple tone of his voice, soobin could tell. yeonjun had been caught, and he had to make something up on the spot. the lie about seeing june had come as a result from that.

lucas laughed, "yeonjun's such a good friend, you know? trying to make sure the girls don't go bothering soobin since he has so many fans."

soobin asked incredulously, "i have fans?"

"duh. does june not prove that?" hyunjin sighed and leaned his head into his hand, showing how annoyed he was with everyone's stupidity.

"well, i thought it was just june," soobin said slowly. he didn't really believe it. it felt surreal.

wooyoung interjected, "how do the girls even find out about that stuff? like, when our games are, who's playing?"

"i hear they get told by their own teachers or something," jongho shrugged. he stuffed more food in his mouth and continued talking. "or maybe they spy on us." he widened his eyes in fear.

"girls are scary with how much info they can find when they try," donghyuck shook his head. he was leaning his elbows on the table now, very much involved in the conversation.

renjun said dubiously, "soobin, there's no way you didn't notice how much they were cheering and talking about you, especially after your goal." he raised his eyebrows.

"the girls were cheering for you the whole time at the game today," seungmin interjected angrily. "for you and jongho, mostly. some for hyunjin. but, it completely threw my game off."

he stabbed his food with a utensil to show his annoyance.

hyunjin placed a hand on his arm. "hey, don't be so worked up by it. if the midfield or defense had stopped the other team before they got to you, there would have been an even less chance of a goal being scored. so, you shouldn't blame yourself."

"i'm not," seungmin insisted. "i'm blaming you guys for having so many fans. how is it possible when you all suck at scoring?"

"tell me about it," renjun scoffed.

"okay, now i know who's gonna get benched next game," jongho joked slightly.

mark angled his head. "no, wait, they're onto something here."