[ ⚠️¹⁵ ] warning signs.

soobin had always been the kind of person who was afraid to feel too happy, because when that happened usually a disastrous event followed.

and, if he were smart enough to listen, there were usually warning signs before the really big problem would swell up.

but soobin was stubborn and hopeful, and didn't want to admit that there was something terribly wrong that threatened to destroy his happiness.

however, as he kept ignoring the warnings, the events rose exponentially in disastrousness.

and this time was no different.

the first event was something soobin would have normally brushed off.

there was a big writing assignment due in his english class the next day, but soobin had forgotten all about it, especially with the grand scheme of a plan beomgyu had come up with out of pure mischievousness.

the idea had literally just been a group "date" where they would walk around together off campus, but the really tempting part had been the whole sneaking out bit.

their school was extremely strict and keen on keeping the students on campus at all times, but they somehow managed to flee school grounds and have a walk around the town.

they all ended up having a good time, and it felt fun to laugh with each other and forget the stressors in their lives.

in fact, when they returned to school, they were still laughing so hard about their good times that they'd been caught trying to sneak back in and were assigned detention.

the group, much like the rest of the school, didn't mind the punishment of detention, because it was so mild and they at least still had it with each other.

but because soobin did not finish his assignment, he couldn't turn it in the next day.

mr. brian stopped by soobin's desk before the end of class and sighed. "soobin, you're on the soccer team, right? i checked your assignments; you're missing four of them. you know what i have to do, right? what time can your parents come in?"

soobin swallowed the lump in his throat. his vision blurred as mr. brian's words echoed in his mind.

technically, the policy for being on a sports team was that if you were missing two assignments across all your classes, your parents were called in.

and soobin knew for a fact that this assignment would put him at four, but he had hoped his normally easygoing teacher would give him a break.

he choked out, "i'm not sure..... sir."

mr. brian nodded slowly and said he'd be calling his parents in that same day, after school.

soobin continued through the rest of his day quietly, wondering what exactly would be his parents reactions.

actually, it wasn't that hard to imagine. he'd seen that reaction before; it was the main reason why he consistently feared news of anything at school reaching them, even the fact that he and yeonjun were in a relationship.

a queasy feeling started up in his stomach, and soobin couldn't get rid of it.

yeonjun walked silently with soobin on their way to the locker rooms.

since their sport was now off-season, they had nothing to do but mess around for 30 minutes or so; yeonjun and soobin decided to sit with jongho and wooyoung as they observed mingi and san's volleyball practice.

this was when yeonjun asked soobin what was wrong and soobin finally confessed about his parents coming for the meeting after school.

"oh... i heard mr. brian is really strict, but i didn't think he was that strict," yeonjun shrugged. "so your parents are actually coming on-campus today?"