Chapter 28

(Sorry that this chapter is being posted so late, I was celebrating my sisters birthday anyways enjoy 😊 ❤️)

Shattered was the only word that could describe how I felt. I looked through the restaurant window and my eyes still couldn't believe what I just saw. Reed kissed Cyrus on the cheek and he smiled. I could feel the hot tears run down my cheek and all I could do was run home. Reed kissing Cyrus on the cheek replayed over and over in my head and made it harder and harder to hold back the waterfall of tears I was holding in. I got home and ran straight to my room ignoring my parents.

I laid down on my bed and just cried loudly. There was nothing else I could do but that. I pulled out a small shoebox from under my bed and opened it. All of them were pictures of Cyrus. I cried more and I took a picture out and tried to rip it but my body wouldn't let me. I felt the sudden urge to throw up and. I ran to the bathroom and puked in the toilet.

"Rosemary Telesco situation?" My mom said rubbing my back. I wiped my mouth off and just cried as she hugged me. My dad came in as well, comforting me.

"I thought I had a chance with him" I managed to let out crying while saying every word. "I think I'm bisexual," I said crying even more.

"It's ok just know we support you," My dad said, making me smile. "Cyrus doesn't know what he's missing," He added.

"You knew I liked him?"

"We had a hunch," My mom said.

"Can I skip school tomorrow, I can't see him. It would hurt too much" My crying slowing down a bit.

"Of course you can stay home, heartbreak is a lot to deal with," My mom said hugging me. "Get ready for bed and we can watch a movie to get your mind off of things"

"Ok," I replied. I knew that watching a movie wouldn't help but I appreciated my mom and dad wanting to help me. I got dressed in my pajamas after taking a shower. I went downstairs with the shoebox full of pictures tucked under my arm. I sat in the middle of my mom and my dad and they played a movie.

"Slumber party massacre is your favorite right?" My dad asked, causing me to think back to when Cyrus and I watched it together with Andi.

"Yeah...Cyrus's to" I responded in nearly a whisper. I started to look through all the photos of all the good times I had with Cyrus and couldn't help but let tears stream down my face. "I still like him," I said sniffling.

"It's ok that you do it's not easy," My mom said, holding me. "You'll be alright my sweet boy there are a lot of fish in the sea"

"But what If I want to keep the fish I caught instead of putting him back with the others" I respond not looking away from the pictures.

"Then it's what your heart wants," My gave me a small smile patting my shoulder. The rest of the night they helped me by telling stories of their heartbreaks and how they laugh about how stupid it is now. Cyrus still filled my mind.

"What are you going to do with the photos?" My dad asked.

"Well I tried ripping them up but my heart doesn't want me to," I started looking through them for the tenth time tonight. I was really head over heels for Cyrus... I still am. "I'm gonna get some sleep. It's late" I said, getting up.

"If you need anything just ask," My mom gave me a smile and kisses my forehead. I went upstairs and laid down. I realized that I hadn't checked my phone since the afternoon, I didn't realize how much time had gone buy.

Muffin

Sorry I was busy all day goodnight Teej

I read from the notifications. I set my phone on the nightstand and sighed. It took me about an hour to fall asleep because all I could think about was Cyrus.

~(The Next Day)~

Everyone texted me asking where I was at Cyrus more than everyone else. It was three in the afternoon and I was still going through those pictures smiling remembering everything that happened as if it was yesterday. I was interrupted by a knock at the door and I got up and answered the door. I nearly cried when I saw his cute little face.

"Hey I got you the math homework," He said rummaging through his bag looking for it.

"Th-thanks," I said lightly.

"Why didn't you text me all day? I was worried" He said finding the paper. "Have you been crying?" He asked looking at me. I didn't say anything, I just took the homework. "Ok... Well, Reed..." All I heard was his name and that's all it took for me to snap I didn't mean to I just did.

"Leave me alone!" I shouted so loud the birds flew from off the tree in front of me.

"What did I-"

"Go hang out with your little boyfriend Reed!" I shouted louder. It was like I had no control over myself.

"I hate you!" Was all it took those three words that took to make me realize what I just said. Cyrus's face was red and he look so mad but also looked like he was about to cry.

"I hate you more" I yelled back causing Cyrus to cry... All he did was stand there and cry. "I-I didn't mean-" He ran off towards his house and all I did was stand there and cry. I wanted to chase after him but my body told me not to.

What was I thinking? What did I just say?