Chapter 24

(I'm sorry I didn't update yesterday I completely forgot anyway enjoy this chapter)

"You guys what!?" She screamed out of shock and excitement.

"Yeah, but it was an accident" I reminded her.

"How was it?" She asked with a grin on her face.

"It was...weird, we were playing spin the bottle and I was supposed to kiss him on the cheek but then he turned his head" I said. "His lips were soft," I added, smiling.

"You guys would be a story to tell" Amber said laughing a small bit. "What are you going to do?" I shrugged my shoulders and layed down looking at the ceiling.

"I asked myself that a lot of times, I still don't know what. All I know is I want to make him feel special" I replied.

"If you don't tell him it's gonna eat you" She said laying down next to me. "You should tell him. You don't have to now but you should soon, Cyrus is still new to affection I know he's been here for a while but I know him, he's still adjusting"

"I know," I said simply smiling. "Thank you Amber," I added. My phone buzzed and I pulled it out my pocket. "My mom needs me home, I gotta cook dinner" I said getting up.

"Alright" She said getting up as well.

"Thank you for everything Amber," I said with a smile hugging her.

CYRUS'S POV

I sat on the swingset lightly swinging my feet. Every time I was at the swings it felt like everything just went away. As I continued to swing I could hear footsteps on the wood chips. I dragged my feet and slowed down seeing Reed sitting on the swing next to me. There was a short pause of silence between us before he spoke. There were times that he opened his mouth to speak but then didn't.

"Hi" He said softly looking down.

"Hi?" I replied back not knowing what else to say.

"I'm sorry" He was looking down at the ground.

"I know"

"You never said if you accepted my apology or not" He said letting out a faint chuckle.

"Guess I didn't," I replied. "I accept your apology" I added, not expecting me to say that.

"I see Andi and them are brushing off on you" He jokingly said. "Can we be friends?" He blurted out.

"Aren't you like popular?" I asked confused.

"I just lost basically, all my friends we had a disagreement" I looked at him confused but part of me also felt bad. I knew how it felt to not have friends.

"Hi, I'm Cyrus, I'm a foster child" I said looking up at him putting my hand out.

"Hi, I'm Reed, I'm an asshole" He said, making me smile."So what brings you here?" He asked.

"Swinging makes me feel relieved" I said slowly starting to swing.

"Bet I can swing higher," Reed said in a child-like tone. I chuckled looking at him as he took his bag off and started swinging.

"Well, I don't swing high" I responded softly. He jumped off his swing and started pushing me. "Reed, no!" I said as he pushed me more.

"No habla english"

"Reed stop" I said, realizing I was laughing. I felt like I was in the sky.

"You sure?" He asked, grabbing the swing listening to me laugh. I got off the swing and leaned against one of the bars holding the chain up. I couldn't help but to laugh even more at Reed joining in. "You should have seen your face!" Reed said between breaths.

"You're so mean" I said jokingly "I don't think I can be your friend anymore" I added crossing my arms.

"Alright, swing boy," He said, making me cringe at the name.

"Swing boy, really?" I said furrowing my brows.

"It's either that or swinger," He said, smirking.

"Swing boy it is" I replied chuckling.

~(The Next Day)~

I yawned, rubbing my eyes sitting up. I had been up half the night texting Reed.

"Cyrus, wake up or you'll be late for school," Greg said. I got up and slowly made my way to the bathroom getting ready for the day. I took a poptart pack and went outside waiting for Amber. She was in highschool but her school was across from ours and she somehow managed to always have lunch with us. It didn't take her long to come outside and over to Ryan's car.

"Someone has a smile on today" I say as I hand her a poptart. She ruffled my hair and hopped in the car and the ride to school we all talked about random things.

~(At School)~

I was at my locker getting my books for the day. I saw Reed wave at me and make his way towards me.

"Today's the day" I heard Andi's voice say I closed my locker and was greeted by Andi, Tj and Jonah.

"Yep" I said smiling at Andi. I turned back around and didn't see Reed coming over to me anymore.

"What you looking at?" Jonah asked.

"Huh, nothing" I replied, turning back to them. "We should get going. We have a math test" I said to Jonah and Tj.

"I thought that was tomorrow!" Jonah exclaimed worried.

"Nope today" Tj said ruffling up his hair.

"Well, see you later Andi, Tell Buffy I said hi" I said going to math with Tj and Jonah. Jonah rushed to his seat and started studying, making me and Tj laugh. I looked over at Reed and as soon as he saw Tj and I he put his head back down. I looked at him with a questioning look and sat down.

"Hey do you have a penc- nevermind" Reed said from behind me. I looked over at Tj glaring at Reed. I let out a small breath realizing why he said nevermind. I gave Reed a pencil when Tj wasn't looking.

The class felt like it was taking forever while the test was going on. I looked over at Tj and Jonah and they both were just answering the question. I went up to the teacher and handed my test in and when I turned around I saw Reed just drawing on his paper.

"The bell rings in five minuets if you're not done please finish up" The teacher said getting the classes attention.

"I totally failed," Tj said as the bell rang.

"No you didn't" Jonah said. "Well you better not of, I copied some of the answers off of you" He whispered as we walked out.

"I forgot something, you guys go on ahead" I lied going back into class. I walked over to Reed's desk while he was putting his stuff away. "What's going on with you?"

"Nothing why?"

"I've seen you all day and we haven't talked at all" I said walking out of the class. He took me over to the corner of the hallway.

"If your friends found out we were friends..." He didn't say anything else knowing I caught on. "Did you see how Tj looked at me?!" All I did was ask for a pencil and he stared me down like he was death himself"

"Yeah..." Was all I could say. If they found out Reed and I were friends after everything that happened they would probably stop at nothing to make us stop talking. "I could tell them we worked t-"

"No!" He interrupted. That would just cause more problems, Can we just keep our friendship a secret?" I could tell he was being honest and didn't want to ruin our friendship that had only started yesterday.

"Yeah, sure" I replied. He embraced me in a tight hug.

"Thank you, swing boy," He said with a smile.

"You can let me go now," I was bit uncomfortable but also happy from the sudden hug.