"Awh, I'm sure you'll do great! What about you Caroline?" he asked.

"I washed some towels, they're all fresh and clean!" She said, smiling. She had accomplished her half of the mission, in her mind.

"You're awesome," Darien said, genuinely meaning it and smiling back at the sweet girl. He owed a lot to her.

"Also, I have some news for you guys," Caroline said.

"What's up?" Seth asked.

"I tried out for a part in Beauty and the Beast," she said softly.

"What?! No way! That's awesome! I didn't even know you were interested in acting," Darien said with a smile. "I was going to try out myself, but I had too much on my plate."

"I thought it would be fun," she said, smiling shyly.

"Uh, hello? Did you get a part?" Seth asked, eagerly waiting.

"I did," she said.

"AND?" the two boys asked in unison.

"...I got the lead," Caroline said quietly.

"You are going to do amazingly!" Darien exclaimed. "I'm so happy for you! The perfect fit for Belle!"

"You guys are going to come see the play on opening night, aren't you?" She asked.

"Of course we are, you can bet your ass on that," Seth said, pulling her in for a tight hug again.

"We wouldn't miss it for the world," Darien said, joining their hug.

"You guys are great," she said. She felt herself melting into their warmth. She had never had friends like these boys before. They made her feel entirely at home, wanted, loved. They were a gift that she would treasure forever.

"I'm going out tonight," she said, reluctantly breaking the hug.

"With Andy?" Seth asked. Darien elbowed him for assuming, shooting him a little glare. Seth rubbed his arm and smiled down at the smaller boy. He was so cute.

"Yes, he's taking me out to celebrate. He got the role of the beast/prince. We'll be co-stars," she said.

"The plot thickens," Darien said jokingly. Caroline chuckled shyly and looked down at the floor, her face brightening up with a soft, pink glow.

"I'm gonna start getting dolled up, what are you guys gonna do?" She asked.

"Be lazy together! I had a long day like you wouldn't believe," Seth said, rubbing the back of his head.

"Me too," Darien said with a grin. "I'm down for being lazy."

"Then let's get to snugglin' hun," Seth said, pulling Darien down onto the bed with him. Caroline smiled and began to ready herself for her date, her heart feeling bigger than it has ever felt.

***

He knocked on the door at exactly 7:00 pm like he promised. Andy was always on time, prim and proper like. He fixed his collar and his tie as he awaited for his sweet date to open the door.

Caroline scrambled to finish up really quickly, curling the last strand of hair and spraying on the hair spray. Her red locks were tight ringlet curls, bouncy and soft to the touch, and they gently sat upon her pale shoulders. She dressed up in a little black dress with thin straps and delicate lace, which she paired with some red strappy heels. Her make up was dark yet subtle, a delicate smoky eye and a nude lip.

"You look fucking stunning," Seth said as he watched her walk over to the door. He was snuggled up in bed with Darien, watching a movie.

Caroline smiled at Seth as she made her way to the door. She opened it invitingly, smiling as her eyes met Andy's. He was stunned himself.