sixteen

Enoch and Poet walked along the road, watching as the sun slowly rose over the trees and houses. 

Poet really didn't want to be here. The five had left at about 4am which was a surprise considering how early Robbie's cousin usually kicked them out. They'd all walked back towards their respective houses, slowly parting one by one until it was just Enoch and Poet left. Enoch lived the street down from Poet's house, Poet only recently remembering that fact.

Poet looked over at Enoch who was focused on his shoes. Poet groaned and stopped, Enoch stopping too. 

"Enoch."

Enoch didn't look up, still hiding his face from Poet.

Poet's face hardened. "Enoch." He spoke again with more force in his words. 

Enoch finally looked up and Poet immediately softened. The smaller boy's eyes were brimmed with tears, his nose and cheeks red and wet. He wiped his nose with the sleeve of his sweater, glaring at Poet.

"Wh-what?" Poet sighed at Enoch's voice crack, most likely having been recked from crying to much. 

Poet stepped forwards, speaking softly. "Eney, hey, what's wrong?" Enoch stepped back, cringing away from Poet's touch. "N-nothing. Stop."

Poet shook his head but stayed still, not wanting to upset the boy anymore. "I'm sorry about that day at school. I didn't mean to be like that. You were just dissing Jughead and I-" 

Enoch scoffed at Jughead's name. "Freaking Jughead. He's all you talk about now. It was better without him. He's ruined everything."

Poet furrowed his eyebrows and shook his head. "God, Enoch. What's your fucking problem with Jughead? What'd he ever do to you?"

"He took you away from me!"

Poet straightened up at Enoch's words, his eyes widening. "What?"

Enoch huffed. "I like you Poet! I have for basically my whole life and you treated me all nice and sweet and kissed me on the cheek and I was so fucking happy because you were finally treating me as more than a friend! But then that stupid Jones boy comes in and ruined everything I had built with you!" Enoch waved his hand out in front of him, his eyes narrowing. "I've been pining over you for years and flirting but all it takes is one conversation and your all over him. It doesn't make sense."

Poet opened his mouth but closed it, unable to find the words. Enoch gave a sad chuckle and held out his hand to stop Poet. "Just don't okay. Please. Don't."

Poet took a deep breath but nodded, watching as Enoch walked onto Breaker Street, never looking back at Poet. Poet sighed and crouched down, running his hands through his hair. What should he do? 

He couldn't tell Jughead, no way. Maybe he could talk to Kusho but she wasn't a fan of Poet coming to her with relationship problems since Robbie had talked her ear off for a whole month about his boyfriend and she snapped, saying if any of them had relationship issues they had to talk to someone else.

Poet's phone rang. He pulled it out and brought it to his ear.

"Well well. Look who finally decided to let me know they were alive."

His face dropped as Jughead ranted into the phone, talking faster than Poet could process.

"Calm down, love. I'll be right there. Just hold on."

⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢ 

Jughead bit his lip watching Poet's expression from his seat on the couch. Jughead pulled his knees close to his body, waiting to see what Poet would say.

Poet shook his head, removing his hands from his face and stood up. He pinched the bridge of his nose with two fingers. Then he burst.

"Jesus, Jughead!" He put his hands on his head in disbelief. "You don't understand how dangerous she is do you? She's a manipulative little bitch and I can't believe you got wrapped up into her little game. I thought you were smarter than this. Didn't anyone warn you!"

Jughead looked at the ground, gritting his teeth, trying not to yell back at Poet.

"How can you be so stupid! Literally everyone hates her and yet you decide to go and make a deal with her? Cash in her favor!"

Jughead shot up. "Stop yelling at me! I did it for my dad! I was fine, I'm able to handle myself. Stop treating me like I'm some stupid child!"

The two glared at each other in silence, neither backing down. Poet finally shook his head and sat down on the couch. He pinched the bridge of his nose again.

"I just...you stupid pretty boy. Come here." Poet sat down, gesturing for Jughead to sit next to him. Jughead resisted at first but reluctantly sat down next to him. Poet took and deep breath, dropping his head down between his arms which rested on his legs.

They sat in silence for a few moments, anger radiating off both of the boys. Poet sat up straight, still looking forwards. "I just...I don't want you to get hurt, bubba."

Jughead grunted, "I'll be fine. I can handle myself. 

Poet put up a hand in defense. "I know that Jug, believe me I know. You're probably one of the bravest people I know. I just don't want you getting hurt because of Penny fucking Peabody. I can't loose you. It's sappy, I know. But I can't. Besides. Who would I flirt with if I did?"

Poet nudged Jughead's arm, a laugh falling from his lips, breaking the serious tension. Jughead nudged him back. "Yeah right. You flirt with everybody." 

Poet shook his head, "Nah, you're the only one I truly like like."

Jughead raised his eyebrow. "Like-like? What are we five?"

Poet grinned, "Close. I'm actually four but good guess." Jughead laughed and shoved the boy, Poet pulling him into his lap.

Poet scrunched his nose at the beanie wearing boy. "Push me again and see what happens." Jughead smiled and shook his head, instead resting his forehead against Poet's.

"I'm too strong. I'd beat you in a quick minute."

"Sure you would bubs, sure you would."

-----------

pughead is so freaking cute-I can't.  I know this chapter was shorter than a lot of the other ones but I hope you guys liked it! 

read, vote, comment, follow, love u guys~underrated human

whose your favorite actor(s)?