FFL: Chapter Thirty-Eight [Pt.2]

∞<3∞ Kim's POV ∞<3∞

[ One Month Later ]

"Hey mom." I greeted my mother walking in the kitchen. 

"Hey, baby. How was work today ? " 

I sat on the counter and took an apple, "It was...work. I'm happy I find this." To open my restaurant, I had to have money first, so I looked for a job and now I was working in H&M as a cashier. Since I had a lot of free time, I searched another one, so I was working in this restaurant called W's also. It was good. I was getting my life more and more back in track and I was proud of myself. 

She chuckled, "Great ! Uh..Cha called like two hours ago. She said to call her back as soon as you're home, it's important." She informed me as she got the lasagna out the stove.

 I nodded my head, "Okay, I'm going to call her and then I come back to help you." 

She fanned me off, "Girl, please, I'm done. I just have the salad to make." 

I smiled, "Okay." Then I went in my old room when I put my bag on the bed and went in my bathroom to wash my hands and the apple. Then I came back in my room and took my phone that was still on the charger. Since I was running late for work, I totally forgot it. I had five missed calls, two voicemails and ten unread messages. I sighed and dialed Cha's number, then put the phone to my ear waiting for her to answer. 

"Gosh ! I thought somethin' had happened to ya ! Are ya okay ? " She attacked me with questions.

"Hey, calm down, girl." I chuckled, "I forgot my phone at home, that's all. I'm fine, don't worry. Plus, you called my mother, so you knew I was alright."

"Yeah, true. Excuse, but I'm a mother, so I can be a bit extra sometimes. So, how was work ? "

I shrugged like she could see me, "It was okay. And you, how was your day ? And the girls, how are they ? " I asked beaming.

"We're all good ! "

"And...August ? " It's been one month since I left his house and we haven't seen each other since then. We agreed that we needed to give each other some space. We were still communication through text message though, but it wasn't big conversations, just the basics, like 'how are you ?' or 'how was your day ?' or 'I'm missing you.' and others little things like that. And we didn't hear from Josh neither.

"Are yall not talking through messages ? "

"Yes, but...you see him. I want to know if he looks like...he's alive." I insisted getting slightly frustrated. I wanted to know if he felt like me. Almost in depression.

"Well...he's...living..."

"What does that mean ? " I asked for clarification.