FFL: Chapter Thirty-Six

∞<3∞ August's POV ∞<3∞

"New York, here we are ! " I said excited and trying to get a smile from Kim. She was nervous for some reason, her hands were shaking and she was very quiet. I knew she was stressing about all this experience, but she was going to be okay. I kept telling her that, but it didn't calm her nerves though. 

I entered in the hotel room behind her observing everything around us. It was really beautiful and clean. It even smelt good. The wall were white, the carpet was beige, it was spacious, there was one bathroom where everything was clean too. It was cool. But there was a little problem though. When I did the reservation, I asked for two beds and there was only one, but it was for two persons. A couple. What we weren't. Well, yet, but we weren't. Even if we were getting closer these past few days, there were things we were still not doing, like sleeping in the same bed. Yes, it did happen, but we weren't doing it regularly. I knew Kim was still a bit uncomfortable with herself. 

"If ya want, we can as-"

She shook her head, "No, no. Uh...it's...it's going to be alright. It's not like we never slept in a bed together...before."

"I promise, I won't touch ya." I said raising my hands in surrender. 

She chuckled, "Yes, I know. Thanks for respecting me, Aug." She said smiling at me.

I beamed, "Ya deserve to be respected, Kim. Ya respect me too, so I should do the same. The respect is mutual." Then there was a silence between us. We were looking into each other eyes. We were doing this a lot lately. It was intense, like we were reading each other soul and heart. Like our hearts were communicating together through the eyes. The connection between us was inexplicable, but beautiful. And mainly, unique. It was really strong, "Uh...So...what do you want to do first ? " I asked in a mumble.

She bit on her lips, "Uh...I don't know. Uh...what about a movie ? "

"Okay, but first...we have to do something..." I was hoping she wasn't going to trip about this. We had to do this for her, so she could finally move on. It was for her best.

She frowned a bit, "What ? "

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

I stopped the engine and looked at her, mostly to see her reaction. It took her one or two minutes before she started panicking. She seemed angry also.

"August, what are we doing here ? I want to go." She said looking around. We were in front of the building where she lived with her ex-boyfriend. And where I killed him too. A lot of tragic events happened there and we were here to turn the page. I wasn't feeling guilty, well not really, because I only wanted to protect the woman I love, but it did a little something to me to be there again, I'm not going to lie about this. Everything was replaying in my mind. It seemed like it'd been ages, but in reality it hadn't even been six months. 

I took her hand and rubbed my thumb against her skin gently, "Kim, it's to help ya. I wouldn't do that if it wasn't for your well-being. What happened here is in the past now and he is...dead. All he did, all he said, all he put ya thru, it's done and it won't happen again, because ya learned from it, ya got stronger and your friends, mother and I are by your side. Ya can live now and stop worrying. I want ya to enjoy your life from now. Ya're free." I said and squeezed her hand. She returned the gesture as tears were running on both on her cheeks.