FFL: Chapter Seventeen

∞<3∞ August's POV ∞<3∞

[ The Next Day ]

Yesterday night was long. Kim couldn't sleep more than twenty minutes before to scream and wake me up by the same occasion. She had like five nightmares in a couple of hours. Now, I was sure about the therapist thing. She definitely needed to talk with someone about this. I wish I could be that person, but she had to see a specialist.

Fortunately for me, today was day off again. I was going to enjoy my time by taking a long nap. After having taken my shower and got dressed simply in a black sweatpants, I made my way to the kitchen to eat my breakfast. Surprisingly, there was a plate on the counter. The food was still warm as it just had been cooked. There were buttered toasts, eggs, bacon, sausages and two muffins and there was also a big glass of orange juice next to it. I just added a bit of Ketchup on my eggs and went in the living room to savour it. Kim was already there and on my computer. I sat down next to her, blessed the food and started eating.

"What are ya doing ? " I asked after swallowing what I had in my mouth.

She shrugged, "I'm searching a therapist. But...I'm not too sure about this though."

I frowned, "Why ? By the way, thanks for the breakfast. It's delicious."

She smiled a little, "Thanks. I'm sorry for yesterday. I know you hadn't slept because of me."

"No problem, ma. I understand. Fortunately, I don't have to work today." I said chuckling.

It was not her fault, she couldn't do much about it. She was suffering the consequences of what that nigga did to her, "Yeah..." She mumbled looking down at her fingers. I sighed and raised her chin gently for her to look at me.

"Are ya okay ? " I asked concerned.

A tear escape from her eye and I wiped it immediately, "Aug, I don't want to talk about it with a stranger. It's too hard. The only person I told everything and in details was you. I didn't even tell Crystal. I lied and said that I just wanted to change of environment. I feel so embarrassed, August." She answered crying.

I put my plate on the side and hugged her, "Shh. Don't be. It's not your fault. He had no right to do this to you." We pulled away and I kissed her forehead, "Listen, if ya don't feel like talking to someone now, it's normal, take your time. Don't rush yourself into it. If it has to take years for ya to feel better, that's what will happen, but just know that I gon' be there, by your side, to support ya during this long journey." I assured her being honest. I was not going to let her go through this alone.

"Why are you doing all of this for me ? I don't deserve it, Aug."

I shook my head disagreeing with her, "Ya do. And like I said before, I luv ya...with all my heart. I'll do anything for ya." I confessed looking into her hazel eyes.

She sighed then got her attention back to the computer. I was not sad that she didn't tell me how she felt about me, because I knew she loved me too. It was all written in her eyes. I knew she was confused and had to deal with a lot at this moment, but I'm not going to lie, I would've been so happy to hear her say it. But as my mama told me, I shouldn't rush her.