FFL: Chapter Thirteen

∞<3∞ August's POV ∞<3∞

[ The Next Day ]

I was sleeping peacefully in my room until a mysterious smell came to my nose. Pancakes ? I opened my eyes and moved my head to the right to check the hour on the alarm clock. It was already 12 p.m. I stretched my arms and sat down, then got up and went to the bathroom to pee, brush my teeth and to wash my face. After I did that, I went downstairs following the marvelous smell. It guided me to the kitchen where Kim was cooking. She was already dressed and it seemed like she was ready to go too. Where is she going ?

"Good morning ! " She greeted me fixing two plates.

"Morning." I greeted back, but not as happy as her. I had always been grumpy in the morning...until the breakfast. 

She shook her head grinning, "Still the same in the morning I see. Here." She gave me a plate. There were pancakes, eggs and bacon. I took the maple syrup that I bought when I was in Canada and poured it on my pancakes. 

She took two glasses in the dishwasher and placed them on the counter, then got the orange juice out the fridge and served us, "Thanks. Where are you going ? " I asked then took a sip. I checked her up and down. She was wearing a black jeans with a black and gold versus lion logo t-shirt and black Nike shoes. Her hair was pulled into a high ponytail. And she had a light makeup on her face. I noticed that she covered her bruises on her face and arms also. It got me a bit angry that she had to do this, but I calmed down immediately. Being upset was not the solution. That n*gga ! Urg !

"I'm going to see my parents. Well...my mother since my father left again." I gave her all the information about her parents and best friends last night when we were having dinner. She was so excited to meet them again. I was not surprised to hear her say that. 

I stayed in contact with her mother because I didn't want to lose Kim totally. I thought that her mom could help me to find her when I started my researches, but she didn't know much either. Since then, we got closer. And we were worried about Kim together by the same occasion. Anyways, since I met her -and it was when I became friends with Kim- I had always considered Miss Johansson as a second mom. I hadn't seen her since ages though, "Okay. Do you want me to come with ya ? " I asked looking at her.

She stayed quiet for a moment, "No...I think, I need to do this by myself. Uh...Can I borrow one of your cars. please ? " She asked shyly. I nodded my head, "Of course. And good luck." I said before to devour my food.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

It felt good to have some days off. It's been a while since I relaxed for the last time. It was good to just lay all day and to eat junk food while watching TV. And plus, there was a Fresh Prince of Bel Air rerun. As I was laughing my ass off, the doorbell suddenly rang. I pressed the pause button on the remote and went to answer the front door. I opened it and there was standing my beautiful and amazing mama. 

A gigantic smile appeared on my face and I hugged her tightly, "Mama, I'm happy to see ya. How are you ? " I let her come in and closed the door behind her.