Meet the teens ^-^

Kai and I enter a room full of other teenagers. It was a bit startling, as big crowds weren't always my kinda thing, so I stuck close to Kai. It looked like there were groups of different people conversing, but they weren't separated by gender or race, it was just a mix of different animals. The church was a lot more popular than I had thought. I look around with a bewildered expression, refusing to be anymore than a meter away from Kai. Kai turns to me after we approach a group of four, and introduces me to them. "Hey guys, this is Jule! It's his first time here, so let's all hang out and become closer as friends!" Kai puts his arms around my shoulders as my body tenses up and begin to feel a bit more nervous."H-hey..." I give an awkward wave towards them. They all looked at me, it felt like their pressuring stares was going to make me explode.
"Hiya there Jule! I'm Prige." A pale flamingo reaches her feathers towards me. I casually take her wing and give it a small shake. "Nice to, to be here." A red panda then faces his attention towards me." Names Tarssan, call me Tars." He then looked away as to shrug off my existence. I smile faintly as the next person introduces themselves. "Well, I'm Lake." A unusually tall deer, or, llama(vicuña) looking creature gives a welcoming gesture. I give back another smile, as the next person greets me. "Welcome Jule, nice to see a fellow fox! I'm Zule, funny right? We got similar names." She lightheartedly laughs off the fact we are very similar in our names and species.
"Heh, well, n-nice to meet you all." I awkwardly say to the group. Kai then intrudes and ending the uncomfortable transaction, by telling the group today's church lesson. "Alright guys, today were supposed to learn about purity, and how our god and savior Jesus Christ wishes for all of us to stay pure in his eyes!" He then moves over to a tabletop and takes out some bibles. He hands specific decorated bibles to each person in the group, and keeps one for himself, with me... without one. "Don't worry Jule! You can share with me." He pats my shoulder as we all head to a small area with bean bags. We all sit down as they open the holy book. "Alright, on to page *** in ********." Kai announces.
I follow along to the scriptures and verses, though my mind trails elsewhere as I think about literally anything else. I'm not much of a Jesus lover, no offense to all those who truly believe in Christianity. I mean, I'm not sure what to believe most of the time. What I could really only think about was food... "and the lord sa-hey, Jule you listening?" Kai turns to me. I realized that I was totally not following anything he'd said in the past few pages." Oh, uh, sorry bout that...my mind kinda trailed off..." Kai sets the Bible down on our lap and says,"Yeah, this stuff can get kinda boring." He smiles at me, and sort of puts more of his weight on me, as we were sharing a single bean bag. "Yeah, I'm getting bored. Did you get the alcho-" Prige stops and covers her beak.
Everybody in the group then tenses up a bit. I look around, a bit confused. What's there to be so tense about? I turn to Kai who looks a bit embarrassed and turns his head away from me, looking a bit ashamed. I end the sudden silence, and say what I assume what was going on. "O-oh, so you guys sent him out to get, adult beverages...?" I look around a bit. I wanted to come off cool, like it's totally fine. I mean, my mom's given me a bit of wine before, but not enough to make me tipsy. Everyone looks at each other a bit, and finally Zule speaks up. "*sigh*, yeah... we were going to drink a little." I try to seem as if I shrug it off all mature like, and say,"That's cool, you guys can float your boat however you like. It's not like I'm judging..."
They all look at each other again, then turn to me. Then all of a sudden burst into a small fit of laughter." Heheh, yeah, my bad... we talk all church like, but really don't stay very true to the lord's word..."Kai faced towards me. "So that's why you were out at the front, heh." I smile a bit, having the mood become a bit more relaxed. Kai puts his arm around my back and caresses my side. It tickles a bit, but it's not a big deal. Kai's probably a touchy guy. We all laugh a bit as we start to converse more freely. "So Jule, how old are you?"Zule asks me. "I uh, I'm fifteen." "Oh cool, Im fifteen too, but I'll turn sixteen soon."she smiles back at me. Seems like we have a lot in common. She twirls her hair a bit and readjusts her posture.
"Yeah, it's this Saturday right? You having a small get together to celebrate or some big party?" Lake adds. "O-oh yeah, I plan on having a little sleepover." She replies. "Really?in that case, why don't you invite us all??" Pridge exclaims. "Oh, I guess, if any of you would like to join me..." Zule says back, shyly looking down. "Of course Zule! We're your friends!" Kai smiles to her. We all talk away to different subjects as time passes by, already nearing the end the hour.