Itz church time

Our vehicle isn't that necessarily a tight fit, but Maddie always makes the excuse that there's no room for her to fit and likes to sit in my lap. She casually sits on my lap when we all load into the car. I awkwardly shift my legs around trying to get comfortable. "*giggle* Why you moving your legs so much?" Maddie says to me. "Oh,s-sorry, I'm just a little uncomfortable.Heh..." I reply. My mom finally hops in and begins to start the car. She turns back and gives my sister and I a soft smile and begins to leave our apartment complex. We've lived here for over half of my life, though we were switching churches since the last one had to be shut down. "Hey mommy, when will we arrive at church?" Maddie asked. "Oh, I'm doubt it'll be too long."my mom replies,", We should arrive maybe,10-15 minutes." Maddie turns and looks at me with her face only nearly 2 inches away from me. I blankly stare back with a flushed expression. she makes a small smirk and turns back around. This is so weird... I akwardly turn my snout to face the window to try to peek at the crusty veiw. Outside's weather is a cloudy day, not too sunny, but not excruciatingly hot. It wasn't the sky that made the city look like crap, it was the city itself. All the people, and the old buildings make the view unpleasant. "Looks like we're here!" Mom says as we roll into a patch of dirt near a beaten up building that could resemble a church. I give a disturbed sigh as my mom finds a parking spot next to a white van. "Wow, I didn't know something like this was so close to our apartment." I say surprised. This town has been around for a long time, and hasn't gotten many repairs.